Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Is Lewis Strapp still under contract?

Would have thought Lewis would be looking to move up in the game, not sideways. More likely Morton will finish above Partick next season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

MCT sent out an email regarding var and alba issues. 

" This was a club board vote. We appreciate that not consulting MCT members on this matter has caused frustration for some of you. We’ve fed this back to the football club board, and have discussed already at MCT board how we can ensure that we improve our consultation with members going forward. We will discuss this further at the next MCT board meeting next week. It is absolutely fundamental to MCT and our role in helping to change the way the club operates for the better. " 

Not really sure what it being a club board vote means, as everyone knows what. We were also told that MCT will have the majority vote on the club board so why is there such a divide and lack of communication between the MCT board and MCT representatives on the Morton board? 

What good does it do for the MCT board to have meetings to discuss improving consultation with members when the Morton board are just going to do what they like regardless? 

The boards should be consulting together on how to improve involving the majority shareholders in major transformative issues involving Scottish football. 

I've praised the Morton board a lot this year and deservedly so but things like this are the same sort of red flags I had all of last year. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

The boards should be consulting together on how to improve involving the majority shareholders in major transformative issues involving Scottish football. 

There is absolutely nothing 'major' or 'transformative' about this change to the existing setup, sit down. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

There is absolutely nothing 'major' or 'transformative' about this change to the existing setup, sit down. 

It's literally altering the very fabric of how refereeing in this country works for decades to come while at the same time one of the biggest changes to match going fans experience in a long time. 

If it wasn't such a major decision then the club wouldn't have voted no on it with such principled reasons given by them for doing so. 

Oh and I'm already sat down but cheers anyway 👍

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

It's literally altering the very fabric of how refereeing in this country works for decades to come while at the same time one of the biggest changes to match going fans experience in a long time. 

If it wasn't such a major decision then the club wouldn't have voted no on it with such principled reasons given by them for doing so. 

The fact that the club voted on it without consultation confirms that it really wasn't a major decision for them at all. They're entitled to decide 'nope, that's just shite' without making public martyrs of themselves like, oh, 'Partick Thistle Family Club' every other month. 

Having fobbed off a few weirdos like yourself with a throwaway statement, I'm confident that the concerns will be safely filed in the bin where they belong. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

The fact that the club voted on it without consultation confirms that it really wasn't a major decision for them at all. They're entitled to decide 'nope, that's just shite' without making public martyrs of themselves like, oh, 'Partick Thistle Family Club' every other month. 

Having fobbed off a few weirdos like yourself with a throwaway statement, I'm confident that the concerns will be safely filed in the bin where they belong. 

You not a bit old now to be missing the social skills to be able to have a conversation without chasing that wee socially awkward endorphin rush you get from arguing and insulting people online? 

Everyone else on here around our age grew up and out of it years ago but you're still playing the hits every single day. 

Anyway we can agree to disagree. I think it's one of the biggest and costly (in terms of finance) decisions to be made in Scottish football since the SPL or the Split, and I don't agree the board who the majority are there to represent MCT members have the right to decide anything without consulting the members on something that important considering they're putting absolutely no personal finance in to the club and could arguably be ousted at any point by those same members if they chose to. 

32.gif

9 hours ago, port-ton said:

You not a bit old now to be missing the social skills to be able to have a conversation without chasing that wee socially awkward endorphin rush you get from arguing and insulting people online? 

Everyone else on here around our age grew up and out of it years ago but you're still playing the hits every single day. 

Anyway we can agree to disagree. I think it's one of the biggest and costly (in terms of finance) decisions to be made in Scottish football since the SPL or the Split, and I don't agree the board who the majority are there to represent MCT members have the right to decide anything without consulting the members on something that important considering they're putting absolutely no personal finance in to the club and could arguably be ousted at any point by those same members if they chose to. 

You can disagree all you want: the fact is that as representatives of MCT on the board they are fully entitled to make such decisions alongside the rest of the club board without consultation. So long as those votes are then made transparent whenever that is feasibly possible (not all board decisions can - this one presents no obvious issue though) then MCT members can choose to have different representatives on the MCT board and by extension different representatives on the club board as well. 

It is not a direct democracy and if we're going to complain about a lack of consultation every time a handful of fans throw their toys out of the pram about a frankly irrelevant decision, then the fan ownership model is simply not going to work. 

7 hours ago, SassenachTon said:

Just my opinion - the ‘fan experience’ would be greatly enhanced by eliminating ludicrous handball, foul and penalty decisions made by blind referees.

Decisions which invariably go against us.

Birthday caird pish.  

Speaking of renting out your facilities to reprehensible organisations - I see Hamilton have agreed to let Clyde groundshare with them next season after North Lanarkshire council told them they won't get a lease renewal of Broadwood after signing Goodwillie again.

Clyde exploring a new permanent base in Glasgow.

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Speaking of renting out your facilities to reprehensible organisations - I see Hamilton have agreed to let Clyde groundshare with them next season after North Lanarkshire council told them they won't get a lease renewal of Broadwood after signing Goodwillie again.

Clyde exploring a new permanent base in Glasgow.

And I'm exploring a penthouse in the Upper East Side and a superyacht at Antibes.

Where on earth do they think they're going to get a stadium in Glasgow, and from whom? 

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TaunTon said:

Leaving Shawfield was the death of Clyde and even a move back to Glasgow (were it possible) is unlikely to resurrect the corpse.

They had better attendances at Broadwood than they did their last several years at Shawfield. In reality they didn't so much leave Shawfield as "Shawfield" left them; the residential areas in the south from which they drew their fans were simply knocked down and the people drifted away. They were on a hiding to nothing no matter what they did and Broadwood was a relatively successful experiment.

EOho8Pw.png

Scenes from around Arbroath on twitter look class. Whole town seems buzzing. Would absolutely love to have that feeling again in Greenock one day. 

I watched a video the other month on YouTube of the Peterhead game with Arthur Mountford commentating and interviewing the manager and players and it's hard to Imagine scenes like that inside cappielow again. Place was absolutely packed. 

32.gif

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

And I'm exploring a penthouse in the Upper East Side and a superyacht at Antibes.

Where on earth do they think they're going to get a stadium in Glasgow, and from whom? 

My mate Harry has an allotment at Baillieston with quite a lot of grass on it, plus a shed which would make a perfect pie & Bovril stall. Not ideal, but would certainly do in an emergency.

Archived