Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

Queens' Park being promoted is very much bad news for us, because that stupid, souped up outfit will be competing in the exact same market as ourselves for players next season. 

Between them and Cove we'll have to get the summer's squad building right, or else we'll be following Queen of the South. On the plus side, if we do get recruitment right then the the top half of the league promises to be wide open. 

It's not a campaign to be treading water. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Muirhead signs for Partick form Ayr. Surprised at that I've never really rated him. 

Jack Baird also rejected contract for him. You'd imagine that's the sort of level of player we will be fighting it out this summer with the likes of Queens Park for. I didn't mind him first time around but Ayr fans seem delighted he's gone. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Muirhead played for Partick a good few years ago as well. And it might have been McCall who signed him for Ayr in the first place.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

15 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Muirhead played for Partick a good few years ago as well. And it might have been McCall who signed him for Ayr in the first place.

It was. He just loves signing his former players.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

It was. He just loves signing his former players.

It's not just McCall, at this level you see it all the time. Limited pool of players so managers, especially the dinosaur variety, just stick with the ones they trust.

Muirhead is a liability right enough so wouldn't be a staple of my coaching career.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

58 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Dunfermline finally empty Yogi. Hopefully they finally employ some competence to go down and bitch slap Falkirk.

League 1 thread for posts like this. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

1 minute ago, Waverley said:

When is GTF day?

Saturday 7th May - seconds after the referee blew for full time at East End Park.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The level between these two teams seem massive. Not sure if Inverness are exhausted after a couple of playoffs, but it's been men against boys and Inverness lucky to still even be in the tie. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

tbf St Johnstone were so dominant in the 1st half and the hammer throwers were so shit that it looked like the tie would have been effectively over tonight. However they showed no ambition in the 2nd half and got what they deserved.

48 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

In two minds about the game tonight I hate Billy Dodds he is such a miserable torn faced rat but hate going up to Inverness and would much prefer St Johnstone in the league as its a cracking away day. 

St. Johnstone’s a cracking away day? Really? It’s a soulless shoebox of a ground well out of town and the nearest decent pub’s in Dundee. St. Johnstone challenges Clyde’s former Broadwood as one of the worst away days in the country, I can’t think of any redeeming features.

On the other hand, I’ll grant you the Billy Dodds point, although I’d have been slightly more critical after his behaviour in December and raise you the odious Scott Gardiner too.

Throw in their sucking of the Hearts’ cock last season and their statement about their suspensions before the first leg and St. Johnstone have my backing tonight.

1B9A9281-6978-4C85-836A-7F3F8D689E6B.jpeg

“astonished to report”

”Danny will now be forced to miss the first leg”

”incredible red card decision”

”shocked and dismayed”

”widespread universal condemnation”

”we will once again be made to suffer in our efforts to gain promotion.”

”no matter the challenges we face or the unjust adversity forced upon us.”

A statement straight out of Jim Traynor’s textbook and probably penned by the disgusting Gardiner himself. With them making £900,000 losses year-on-year in the Championship, hopefully another failure to win promotion will send their rancid little franchise another step closer to repeating the what Gardiner’s big club did a decade ago.

Fuck them.

Archived