Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Good appointment for Falkirk, unfortunately. 

Unfortunately so, although Hartley and McKinnon looked good on paper for them and that turned out fantastically.

As long as Raith don't have any eyes on Imrie which I doubt they will.

Be surprised if Raith have any money left to pay compensation for managers after the way they've spunked money away this season. 

Definitely think someone like Imrie woild consider it though. He's always struck me as someone who always gives 100% everywhere he's been rather than outright loyal to those places. His main loyalty is to himself so he'd be silly not to at least listen to a club like Raith if they were interested. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Be surprised if Raith have any money left to pay compensation for managers after the way they've spunked money away this season. 

Definitely think someone like Imrie woild consider it though. He's always struck me as someone who always gives 100% everywhere he's been rather than outright loyal to those places. His main loyalty is to himself so he'd be silly not to at least listen to a club like Raith if they were interested. 

Aye, budgets and ambition to match his personal ambition would likely be the main factor.

Doubt they would ne looking at him anyway.

14 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I don’t think he would be terribly interested to be honest.

I get the point about career and ambition, but as we know, success in football is cyclical and I’d like to think that after having had a few years of being slightly above us in the pecking order, the likes of Raith and Ayr will be dropping back into our cold, dark shadow where they belong.

I suspect that at best he’d look at them as a sideways step, but given the self-inflicted mayhem there that not even we can hold a torch to, he’d be mad to leave us to go to them.

Plus, it’s Fife.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Interested in what, exactly? Imrie is a highly ambitious manager, while Raith Rovers are non-entities who have won fuck all significant trophies and never will. That their manager has jumped ship down fully one division in the current pecking order says it all about their likely trajectory. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Glaston sings a new 2 year deal at arbroath 

Interesting photo he shared on twitter after he bumped into Crawford Rae at thr PFA awards. Dafuq was he doing there?

Whats the story behind that? Mcglynn always due to leave?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Whats the story behind that? Mcglynn always due to leave?

He was out of contract anyway and they'd put negotiating a new deal off, possibly with a clean break post Goodwillie saga in mind, possibly just because managing only one win in 16 games is going to put any manager's job in doubt regardless of how high their stock was before that run. As it is it looks like whatever Raith's reason for delaying was, they've waited until the end of the season to open negotiations and Falkirk have already came in with a higher wage offer than Raith can match.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

From looking at their squad, ICT aren't short of a few bob, but at the same time Billy Dodds is doing a decent job there. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them SWORD Arbroath.

Deep commiserations to the "family club".

EOho8Pw.png

Queen's Park ahead at Dunfermline :lol: 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just now, AyrshireTon said:

Queen's Park ahead at Dunfermline :lol: 

Them going down would be glorious.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Them going down would be glorious.

All went south when Efe was sent off in the 2nd half.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived