Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

PFA player of the year nominees are out. 

Lafferty

Tiffony

O'Brien

Mckenna

Got to be one of the Arbroath boys surely. Is this not voted for in March? Lafferty has been good but even as of today he's only played 12 games for Killie according to Wiki. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't put it past them to pick the safe option that wouldn't enrage fans thinking some other clubs would do the same, not realising (because they made no effort to consult fans opinions) that it seems to be on the face of it universally supported by the majority of clubs and their fans. 

If it wasn't us then I retract my statement and again bow down to our sensible overlords. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

31 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Just heard on Clyde 1 that it was us who where the only team to vote against VAR.

It was Stephen McGowan who mentioned Morton on Clyde 1, but he only speculated that it was us, on the basis that he tried to get comment from someone within the club and got no answer.

I know things have improved in recent months, but is not getting a comment from inside Cappielow really a great surprise? We’re hardly the most media-friendly club on the planet. It’s hardly set in stone that Morton were the only ones to vote against.

Can anyone recall if the fans were asked about VAR in the recent MCT survey? I didn’t complete it, but whilst I’ve earlier said I’m reluctantly in favour of it, if the club can say they’ve surveyed fans and found them to be against it, that stance would perhaps be fair enough.

2 hours ago, Chesh said:

Just heard on Clyde 1 that it was us who where the only team to vote against VAR.

Maybe VAR would have corrected some of the gross refereeing decisions which have recently fucked us over so badly. Technology exists for a reason - get your heads out of the sand and embrace it.

Well now there's some contention over it the club have to come out and clear it up either way. Not consulting majority shareholders is one thing, not informing them of how you voted is another thing entirely. 

32.gif

A simple statement from Morton would clear it up.  I think it's needed, particularly if the SSB assertion is incorrect.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Don't know if I'm just being obtuse but in my opinion members of the majority shareholders of the club shouldn't need to pay to find out the reason why they voted that way. 

32.gif

Just had a Gourley moment and posted about this on the MCT thread.  I don't really understand their reasoning for this, for one as they stated the cost will be met by the PL clubs, so if that's an issue does that mean are they aiming for a promotion push next season rather than consolidating again?  Great if yes. 

Secondly, I'm fairly sure we would have benefited quite a bit over the last couple of months by having VAR at our disposal so you'd have thought the club would be in favour of it.

For me the only way having VAR will detract from the fan experience is if that camera gantry in the cowshed would need to be permanent!

here today, gone to hell

5 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Just had a Gourley moment and posted about this on the MCT thread.  I don't really understand their reasoning for this, for one as they stated the cost will be met by the PL clubs, so if that's an issue does that mean are they aiming for a promotion push next season rather than consolidating again?  Great if yes. 

Secondly, I'm fairly sure we would have benefited quite a bit over the last couple of months by having VAR at our disposal so you'd have thought the club would be in favour of it.

For me the only way having VAR will detract from the fan experience is if that camera gantry in the cowshed would need to be permanent!

The introduction of VAR means fans in stadiums are going to be stood around for minutes at a time with no idea what a referee is checking for or why decisions have been made. The only way you avoid that is you have screens in grounds showing the replay exactly as the referee does; obviously the vast majority of Scottish clubs do not have the technology for this, so it unavoidably destroys the fan experience.

It would also make no difference to the shite decisions we've suffered in recent games anyway, applying to the Premiership only.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

The introduction of VAR means fans in stadiums are going to be stood around for minutes at a time with no idea what a referee is checking for or why decisions have been made. The only way you avoid that is you have screens in grounds showing the replay exactly as the referee does; obviously the vast majority of Scottish clubs do not have the technology for this, so it unavoidably destroys the fan experience.

It would also make no difference to the shite decisions we've suffered in recent games anyway, applying to the Premiership only.

Yeah I know that, I was just stating if we did have it it probably would have been of benefit so the club might have been in favour.

Aye the standing around waiting on the ref is something I forgot about, that'll be murder at most grounds.  Are stadiums with screens allowed to show what the ref is watching on VAR?  The only time I've experienced any such a delay in a game with VAR was the Scotland Israel game for Dyke's goal and I can't remember if Hampden showed the replay?

here today, gone to hell

Seems very bizarre to me when it appears be overwhelmingly welcomed. As already said, maybe the cost for us will involve installing a screen for fans to see replays etc but failing that surely the stadium announcer can put a shout out to let fans know what is being checked

Not asking the fans in the first place then being the only club to vote no despite the fact we've seen exactly why its needed in the last home game (Collum being a 'top' ref and all) is bizarre. Plenty of feel good going round at the moment and it doesnt really matter since its not in the championship and we wont pay for it but still a bit Grampa Simpson.

Archived