Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

15 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

good.I hope the Lichties pip them.

Sack that. If Kilmarnock stay down you’ve got a ready made favourite for the title next season, whilst Arbroath are likely to never be as strong again as last year.

As well as that, promotion will likely see Gayfield, one of the best away grounds in Scotland, gradually turned into a plastic shoebox like Victoria Park has been as Ross County climb the leagues.

Beyond a couple of potentially healthy travelling supports at Cappielow next season, there isn’t a benefit to Arbroath beating Kilmarnock to the title.

Killie up, a basket case Dundee down and either St. Johnstone or St. Mirren to win the play-off is the best case scenario for us next season.

Arbroath to drop to a more natural level, Inverness to implode after tears of over-spending and boardroom wrangling to destroy Partick as Morton soar to the title and their rightful place in the Premiership, please and thank you.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me just wants the fairytale of Arbroath to have a happy ending. 

Another, much larger part thinks Dick Campbell is a Fife gimp and it would indeed be nice to get Killie out of the way. 

EOho8Pw.png

I’ll follow up what I said about Arbroath by saying I really hope Ayr get the result they need at Dunfermline and condemn them to the play-offs and ultimately relegation.

Dunfermline, if they make the right appointment(that’s a massive “if”) could be more threat if they are in the division next season, and if relegated, they and Kelty (as well as Queen’s Park and hopefully Airdrie) will make it especially difficult for our pals from Grangemouth to avoid a fifth year down in League One.

My ideal division for next season, in terms of us having any promotion ambitions, and getting some quality away days would be;

Arbroath

Ayr

Cove

Dundee

Hamilton

Inverness

Montrose

Morton

Partick

Raith

Any other preference is just wrong.

If Dunfermline stay up then Hughes gets an extended contract for 'saving' them, and so cannot possibly be a threat. 

The Little People 'pushing the boat out' to challenge Kilmarnock by throwing £800 a week at jobbers like McGinty and being punished with relegation is objectively hilarious and so the preferred option.

Dunfermline can plummet next season - I want 'Ayr United' in the Lowland League post-haste. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

If Dunfermline stay up then Hughes gets an extended contract for 'saving' them, and so cannot possibly be a threat. 

The Little People 'pushing the boat out' to challenge Kilmarnock by throwing £800 a week at jobbers like McGinty and being punished with relegation is objectively hilarious and so the preferred option.

Dunfermline can plummet next season - I want 'Ayr United' in the Lowland League post-haste. 

Ayr had their seasons in the sun a few years ago when Shankland was putting them away for fun. Their relegation will come in good time, I’m in no rush to see it immediately (unless of course Queen of the South miraculously manage to catch both).

And my disdain for John Hughes is greater than any for either club. I’m not having him claim staying in the division with one of the biggest budgets as some sort of success. They can go down, he can lose his job and a more competent manager can carry on Operation Get It Up Falkirk next season.

If Arbroath go up I'll be happy for them, if they stay down, i'll be happy as well. Not really fussed. As for the other end though, desperate for Dunfermline to go down and would much rather keep Ayr in the division next season in case things go wrong when Man Utd take Imrie from us.

I’d quite like rid of ICT in the playoffs, even though Dodds staying down would be funny.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I realise that most people would think with their head and want Kilmarnock out the league and Arbroath in it, and a part of me obviously thinks that, but I can't help but feel illogically that as a provincial football club fan whos life supporting morton has been filled with a little bit of hope and a lot of disappointment that the hope Arbroath winning the league would give me is more valuable to me than fearing an average Kilmarnock team next season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I realise that most people would think with their head and want Kilmarnock out the league and Arbroath in it, and a part of me obviously thinks that, but I can't help but feel illogically that as a provincial football club fan whos life supporting morton has been filled with a little bit of hope and a lot of disappointment that the hope Arbroath winning the league would give me is more valuable to me than fearing an average Kilmarnock team next season. 

It's not illogical because Arbroath are someone else's club for them to worry about. It was nice to see Leicester win the PL; if that had a material impact on my club, in any way, I wouldn't have wanted it to happen. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Would have preferred Caley to secure third tonight and down tools until the playoffs so they have nothing to play for on Saturday. Hipefully they have just downed tools already anyway.

Arses squeaking all over Ayr and Dunfermline tonight. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Would have preferred Caley to secure third tonight and down tools until the playoffs so they have nothing to play for on Saturday. Hipefully they have just downed tools already anyway.

Arses squeaking all over Ayr and Dunfermline tonight. 

Queen of the South no longer get to down tools against the Little People, and anything other than an away win at Palmerston sticks a fork in it. 

Inverness have just lost to the worst team in the division, and so should be targeted for at least a point on Saturday. 3rd v 4th is of little consequence. 

I could see Queens beating Ayr and Dunfermline. Might even get them 8th place if they can swing the goal difference, although they would also require both Ayr and Dunfermline to lose their other remaining game. Both of them have to play Partick. That would be some Houdini act.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I could see Queens beating Ayr and Dunfermline. Might even get them 8th place if they can swing the goal difference, although they would also require both Ayr and Dunfermline to lose their other remaining game. Both of them have to play Partick. That would be some Houdini act.

That would be a sensational end to the season.

Would also be great for us incase we manage to fuck things up.

Archived