Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

I fear Friday's game will have given Dunfermline the wee spark needed to go on a better run of form with the way the game panned out over the piece and the late equaliser - which can be more significant than a late winner sometimes - will likely have had them feeling pretty good about themselves and they've been able to follow it up quickly with a convincing win over the wee guys from Maryhill.

It's only two games and you can't read too much into it, but if Dunfermline are hitting a good spell then our game on Saturday carries an extra level of significance beyond what it already did: if we win then it should be enough to be clear of the play-off spot as long as we pick up a handful more points, but if we don't then things suddenly look a wee bit more precarious. FWIW I think we probably will win, but our recent performances/form suggests it'll be tight* and it'll be a huge boost having Imrie back in the dugout running the show. 

This league really is a wild ride. It's been split in two halves that are never going to merge for months and in each one there's next to nothing between the teams in it, yet no matter who's playing who it's still hard to predict what's going to happen - pretty much every game for every team has been huge for ages.

It's a shame there's not a highlights show on TV for it tbh, the games that are shown live are often really entertaining (and well packaged) and there's so many twists and turns with every week that passes. 

AWMSC

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My big concern is that we aren't taking enough chances and midfield looks a long way from being competitive defensively and offensively. Certainly not out of the woods yet.   

57 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

I fear Friday's game will have given Dunfermline the wee spark needed to go on a better run of form with the way the game panned out over the piece and the late equaliser - which can be more significant than a late winner sometimes - will likely have had them feeling pretty good about themselves and they've been able to follow it up quickly with a convincing win over the wee guys from Maryhill.

It's only two games and you can't read too much into it, but if Dunfermline are hitting a good spell then our game on Saturday carries an extra level of significance beyond what it already did: if we win then it should be enough to be clear of the play-off spot as long as we pick up a handful more points, but if we don't then things suddenly look a wee bit more precarious. FWIW I think we probably will win, but our recent performances/form suggests it'll be tight* and it'll be a huge boost having Imrie back in the dugout running the show. 

This league really is a wild ride. It's been split in two halves that are never going to merge for months and in each one there's next to nothing between the teams in it, yet no matter who's playing who it's still hard to predict what's going to happen - pretty much every game for every team has been huge for ages.

It's a shame there's not a highlights show on TV for it tbh, the games that are shown live are often really entertaining (and well packaged) and there's so many twists and turns with every week that passes. 

Exactly (but we're only the Championship and should know our place.) Tonights game was not only a great advert for the Championship but for Scottish football in general.Great game.

10 hours ago, HamCam said:

Tiffoney has certainly bulked up since he left Morton. Although he has not shown much tonight I am pleased he was unavailable for our last visit to Firhill. Thistle have looked poor tonight and while I enjoy their pain we really could be doing with them turning over Dunfermline.

Partick.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Partick.

The irony is their ground is nowhere near Partick.  Maryhill Thistle maybe nearer the mark.

Not often I want them to win, but last night stopping Dunfermline getting three points would have been a better result for us.  Maybe we can finally put the remaining relegation threat to bed on Saturday, but it would be so Morton to lose at home to Ayr.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Please don’t even think of using the cringeworthy “Plastic Whistle”.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 3/23/2022 at 8:35 AM, Alibi said:

The irony is their ground is nowhere near Partick.  Maryhill Thistle maybe nearer the mark.

It's nowhere near Maryhill either; they're Possil tramps. 

CdS2JR0WwAIEFkw (1).jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Squeaky bum time. Really could do with a win on Saturday.

This weekend sees top 5 v bottom 5 - Arbroath are stuttering and Hamilton will fancy their chances, whilst Raith have only one league win this year. 

The last three weeks has Dunfermline v Ayr followed by QoS v Ayr then Dunfermline v QoS on the final day.

Win this weekend and I'd say we are pretty much safe, although our last four games are against the top four in terms of recent form.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Not sure if last night was a good or a bad thing for us the last thing we need is dunfermline picking up form at this time. Partick should beat Queens on Friday night, Inverness have picked up form also and would fancy them to beat Ayr, Hamilton have been decent and picked up form but can see Arbroath getting a point, Even though Kilmarnock were rancid against us I just can't see them losing to Dunfermline at home. 

It's all down to us on Saturday going there and getting 3 points, Raith have been awful for months and aside from the bit of confidence they would have taken with the cup win I fancy us to beat them on Saturday they will be tired after 2 games and we need to take advantage of that and hound them from the first minute. Also hopefully take a good crowd down considering it's only a fiver.

Archived