Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MarTon80 said:

Just watching Sportscene. The pitch at Firhill is a fucking disgrace 

Aye. The student cunts and the amateurs playing on it this season isn't helping.

While we're on it. How good does the cappielow pitch look compared to previous years? It was in the worst condition it had been in years under Hopkin and his style of football didn't really encourage anything else. Good to see the hallowed turf returning to something of its former glory.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Aye. The student cunts and the amateurs playing on it this season isn't helping.

While we're on it. How good does the cappielow pitch look compared to previous years? It was in the worst condition it had been in years under Hopkin and his style of football didn't really encourage anything else. Good to see the hallowed turf returning to something of its former glory.

I was thinking that yesterday too.

Two years ago when we lost at home to Partick it looked a right state - a world of difference now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

I was thinking that yesterday too.

Two years ago when we lost at home to Partick it looked a right state - a world of difference now.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hopkin allowed and encouraged that as it encouraged his hoofball. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

ICT v Ayr - Until about a week ago this would be a no brainer for me to want a home win, but now not so sure?

Is it just me getting too carried away? I mean we're still only 4 points clear of 9th. 

Who wants what result here?

I want us to stay up and anything else is a bonus. The teams around us at the bottom are picking up points so we can't get complacent. With 15 mins to go last week Dunfermline were winning away to killie and we were losing to QOTS and the table could have looked very different. 

Being in this league next season with Dougie getting a full crack at it is my priority. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 hours ago, CM48 said:

ICT v Ayr - Until about a week ago this would be a no brainer for me to want a home win, but now not so sure?

Is it just me getting too carried away? I mean we're still only 4 points clear of 9th. 

Who wants what result here?

Absolutely want an ICT win here.

Promotion playoffs still miles away. Widen the gap between us and 8th and hope for a 6th place finish. That would be a great end to the season after where we were before Dougie took over.  

Important thing for me is finishing the season on a high. We want the players, management and fans going away looking forward to next season. Last thing we need is a poor run of results and another last day relegation battle.  Get 3 or 4 wins out of our next  8 or 9 games and we can enjoy the rest of the season. If we do that, I'm excited to see what Dougie can do next season.

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Absolutely want an ICT win here.

Promotion playoffs still miles away. Widen the gap between us and 8th and hope for a 6th place finish. That would be a great end to the season after where we were before Dougie took over.  

Important thing for me is finishing the season on a high. We want the players, management and fans going away looking forward to next season. Last thing we need is a poor run of results and another last day relegation battle.  Get 3 or 4 wins out of our next  8 or 9 games and we can enjoy the rest of the season. If we do that, I'm excited to see what Dougie can do next season.

Pish - throw in effortless swordings of Raith and Inverness to come and there's a final play-off spot up for grabs. 

A draw (as usual) is the best outcome.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

29 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Pish - throw in effortless swordings of Raith and Inverness to come and there's a final play-off spot up for grabs. 

A draw (as usual) is the best outcome.

We will finish closer to relegation playoffs than promotion playoffs IMO.

Delighted if I'm wrong of course.

Arbroath winning the league is likely the big story this season; us climbing from 10th to get promotion via the playoffs  would be incredible in comparison.  Highly unlikely but what a story that would be.

Just noticed Arbroath have only lost 3 games in the league,  That's astonishingly good considering second placed Killie have lost 8.  We have lost 9, and the main reason we are so far behind Killie is the number of draws compared to them.  It's a strange league this season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived