Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye. Lasting less than 3 months there should put to bed all the wild shouts for Duffy to come back. You just know it won't though.

Not great, when we are looking for a manager, to have a couple of other clubs in the league seeking one (granted Killie likely shopping in a different market from us).

As long as we aren't now looking to 'spend the next few weeks working out our process'. Oh wait.

Looking at Ayr's squad is the only thing that gives me hope right now. How guys like Baird, Salkeld, and McGinty are managing to get a game at this level is truly beyond me. McGinty was one of the worst defenders I've ever seen at this level at Partick Thistle, he was hopeless with us, and he's still hopeless at Ayr. I used to love seeing Baird on the Midden's team sheet against us, and he's still hopeless too. Fjortoft was good on his day, but almost cost us our place in this league against Montrose (and that wasn't his only bad day). Assembling those players as a defence is hilarious. 

I was comfortable that Duffy couldn't get anything out of them. Duffy took a very long time to get going with us. I don't think short term turnarounds is anything like his strength. I was hopeful he would take Ayr down. Very tough jobs for whoever comes in at both Morton and Ayr.

3 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Looking at Ayr's squad is the only thing that gives me hope right now. How guys like Baird, Salkeld, and McGinty are managing to get a game at this level is truly beyond me. 

Alan Lithgow, Darren Hynes, Cameron Blues, Robbie Muirhead. It works both ways.

Having just one team that is just as horseshit as ourselves is not enough. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Alan Lithgow, Darren Hynes, Cameron Blues, Robbie Muirhead. It works both ways.

Having just one team that is just as horseshit as ourselves is not enough. 

I agree. It's faint hope indeed that we might scrap our way to 9th because there's another abysmal team in the league. It's damning of what we have that we're below that lot right now, and I meant my comment in that way. I'm not looking at our own squad and feeling in any way hopeful. 

The players we have who I would consider to be reasonable for our level would be, at most, Hamilton, Ledger, McEntee, Strapp, Jacobs, Lyon, Oksanen, Russell, Ugwu, Oliver, (and in theory Reilly if he is ever capable of showing any sort of form again).  I don't think I've missed anyone out.  That isn't a dream team or anything like it, but you could argue that most of these players could at least be considered reasonable to have on your books in a squad in the championship.  The problem with our team lies mainly with the Lithgow/Muirhead/Blues/Hynes group of players who are simply not good enough - we may get the odd spectacular goal from Muirhead or Blues but that doesn't change the fact that they are just not good enough the rest of the time and we can't quite put out a team of 11 players fit to wear the hoops.  Couple that with poor tactics, team selection, and in particular the weakness we seem to have developed in central defence recently and we're looking at an exasperating season.

We now have two real crunch games coming up against Queens and Dunfermline.  We could have done with a new manager in place before that as I have no confidence that anything will change with Derek Anderson  and Andy Millen running the show.  Maybe we'll get the odd break because so far this season nothing ever seems to go our way.  Queens have a pretty poor central defence and with Gozie in amongst them we could maybe profit, but to do that we need to be pressing and getting the ball into the danger area, not playing backward passes and hoofing the ball out of play.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

10 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Maybe we'll get the odd break because so far this season nothing ever seems to go our way.

The only break we could feasibly hope for right now is a Covid firebreak.

Wonder if the board have one eye on whether that might happen given their sluggish recruitment process for a manager.

6 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I was thinking the delay was to do with saving on a few weeks wages. I heard that the club did that during the summer, hence the reason we brought a few players in late in the day.

Aye and that worked out well.

Duffy waiting until our application date had passed before walking.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

54 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Duffy waiting until our application date had passed before walking.

1. Clearly sacked rather tham walking.

2. It wouldn't be him applying that we have to fear, it's the board continuing their streak of abysmal decision making and approaching him, so the deadline passing is negligible.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

1. Clearly sacked rather tham walking.

2. It wouldn't be him applying that we have to fear, it's the board continuing their streak of abysmal decision making and approaching him, so the deadline passing is negligible.

You just know they are buying time until they find out where Gus hid the tombola drum.

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Dunfermline sign Steven Lawless.

I do hope there will be some movement down our way.

Was he at Motherwell? Always thought he was a pler.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived