Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

4 hours ago, Toby said:

Not going to lie, I’ll be distraught if he gets bagged before we go there in a fortnight’s time.

He was only appointed 6 months ago.  Surely they can't punt him after only six months?  Unless he resigns and goes to Falkirk...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

He was only appointed 6 months ago.  Surely they can't punt him after only six months?  Unless he resigns and goes to Falkirk...

When I think back to their Chairmans' ringing endorsement of Hopkin as the ideal choice when he announced him, I think he will lose too much credibility if he bags him so soon. However if he keeps listening to Hopkin's telephone book of excuses, he's in for a long miserable season listening to incessant moaning about needing a bigger squad.

Whatever the outcome I wish them both nothing but despair and anguish.

In true Kevin Keegan style, I'd fecking love to go down there in a few weeks and scud them like we did at Falkirk.

Absolutely convinced McGinty had an ulterior motive in that Arbroath game so hopefully he plays and has a nightmare.

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

And in his six months in charge Ayr have won a total of ONE league match.

I could almost feel sorry for them but they're Ayr, so I'll revel in their misery instead. 🤭

Wow.  He must read this forum and has decided to get out before he has to suffer abuse from Toby in a couple of weeks.  He's not very good at holding down a job, is he?

Anyone heard if Falkirk are thinking about a new manager yet...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Who would have thought taking on a manager and a load of players who failed at championship level the season before wouldn't work out.

Dunfermline and Ayr directors this summer

See the source image

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Charlatan exposed charlatan gone.

Sincerely hope that utter imposter never has the brass neck to try and con another club.

I can think of a few deserving victims in Scottish football. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

26 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The only saving grace is their squad is laced with absolute duds. Hopefully they continue their form.

I still regard Andy Murdoch as the one who got away.

But aye, "Hoppy" has made McGinty the Ayr captain. Hope the new boss enjoys that particular masterstroke.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived