Championship 2021/22 Thread - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Unless we get the right manager, keep some of our better players and add some real talent, we could be looking at the drop. That's a strong Championship line up there. 

I wouldn't dispute that but Arbroath, Ayr, Dunfermline, Queens and Partick aren't much better off than us.

I'd expect Partick to be fine and while Dunfermline is obviously dependent on who they appoint, but they will again have a budget blowing ours out of the water.

With massive questions over how Kilmarnock will adjust to relegation it could be a wide open division where at least half the sides will see themselves as potential title challengers, but on the strength of this season and the extent of rebuild needed we're the obvious relegation favourites. We need to get the right appointment and make it very quickly.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Unless we get the right manager, keep some of our better players and add some real talent, we could be looking at the drop. That's a strong Championship line up there. 

Aye!  We really need to ship out the dead weight and get a decent, balanced squad in asap!  There's no reason we couldn't aim for mid table or the promotion play-offs if we get it spot on with the manager and squad.

I'm interested to see how Hopkin does at Ayr and what sort of squad he builds as I still look at ours from this season and wonder how a manager, any manager, could get it so dreadfully wrong.  If he makes a similar hash of it with Ayr I can see them in another relegation battle with Arbroath, Queens and possibly us.

I think Killie may have a big re-build job on their hands as I don't see the experienced players like Lafferty and Burke hanging around.  The likes of Kiltie could also continue to do a job for a premiership team and may move on!  If Wright is staying on as manager you'd expect him to build a good enough squad to go back up first time of asking.

Don't know how to call it on Hamilton, my gut says they'll be staying down for a few seasons, they've been punching above their weight for too long.

here today, gone to hell

17 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Competitive throughout the league, strong not so much. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

On 5/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, bob_the_builder said:

Aye!  We really need to ship out the dead weight and get a decent, balanced squad in asap!  There's no reason we couldn't aim for mid table or the promotion play-offs if we get it spot on with the manager and squad.

I'm interested to see how Hopkin does at Ayr and what sort of squad he builds as I still look at ours from this season and wonder how a manager, any manager, could get it so dreadfully wrong.  If he makes a similar hash of it with Ayr I can see them in another relegation battle with Arbroath, Queens and possibly us.

I think Killie may have a big re-build job on their hands as I don't see the experienced players like Lafferty and Burke hanging around.  The likes of Kiltie could also continue to do a job for a premiership team and may move on!  If Wright is staying on as manager you'd expect him to build a good enough squad to go back up first time of asking.

Don't know how to call it on Hamilton, my gut says they'll be staying down for a few seasons, they've been punching above their weight for too long.

So far so signing all the same players again to have the same dreadful season?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

The good news for us, other than Jacobs staying on, is that all the other teams seem to be going out of their way to make McPherson's job easier for him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Daniel Armstrong leaves Raith. Killie fan from work is certain he's going to them.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

James McPake gets manager of the season. Some turnaround from him given the amount of times this season alone he could've been justifiably sacked.

Hopefully generated some seethe amongst the Hearts Support.

Similar situation with McCall in L1, could have been justifiably sacked at any point up until their league restarting then Manager of the Year.

Archived