Robbie Muirhead : Morton legend - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Robbie Muirhead : Morton legend

Hey if guys like Scott McArthur and Brian Wake and their like can be considered as Morton legends as a result of one off moments of greatness, then why not Robbie Muirhead?

He deserves it.

*insert signature here*

I've never been more sure of a player that should not be playing at this level and so congratulations to him for these big moments and big performances when it matters. 

If he was a world beater with a poor attitude and only showed up in the final I'd be raging, but as someone who was so poor to play a monumental part in us starting a new era still in the championship I don't see why he won't be looked on more fondly going forward. 

Still think he should be thanked and released though. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Been absolutely pish in 99% of his games for us.

He could potentially click at the right club, under the right manager, but that can't be with us, he just hasn't done enough and needs to go.

Never forget his goal tonight  but there's no way he can be offered a new deal.

26 minutes ago, Madton said:

He could potentially click at the right club, under the right manager, but that can't be with us, he just hasn't done enough and needs to go.

That's it exactly. He played 1,123 League and playoff minutes this season and was good for maybe, generously, 250 of those. Good luck to him, hope he can kick on elsewhere.

EOho8Pw.png

41 minutes ago, Madton said:

Played everywhere on the left just because he's left footed, told he's signed as forwand and never played there then in and out the team. Not his biggest fan either but he's symbolic of the last few years. Harsh to judge individuals when there's not proper leadership. 

Came good over the last two games but he needs to go. It was interesting to hear McGinn post match saying that he couldn't believe muirhead was playing at this level and he told him so. I'm sure he knows now.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Came good over the last two games but he needs to go. It was interesting to hear McGinn post match saying that he couldn't believe muirhead was playing at this level and he told him so. I'm sure he knows now.

Played against him a few times when I was younger and have a couple pals that were at Killie with him. He was an early developer - more techincal, stronger, bigger and faster than everyone at his age group. Think he didn't put in the same effort as other boys when he was younger then, when they started to catch up physically, he had fallen behind. No doubt a player capable of playing above our level but he hasn't even proven himself at this level yet.

Let's not forget that there were plenty on here who weren't disappointed when we extended his contact at the turn of the year. We've all seen plenty of players who start to put in the effort and performances when their contract is just about up. 

We also shouldn't forget that League One level is so, so much easier for strikers than Championship level. You just need to look at the type of players who are prolific at that level every season. It might just suit Muirhead to play in League One next season, score a few goals and get some enthusiasm for developing his career. He has one Championship goal in his 18 starts and 8 sub appearances for us (albeit not all as a striker). He didn't manage a goal in his limited appearances for Dunfermline either. He's not really shown that he's worth the risk at this level, but his performances against League One clubs show that he might get his career in track with a season or two there. 

So best of luck to him, unless he joins Falkirk. 

Muirhead’s capable of that kind of finish, he’s shown that elsewhere in the past - it’s just piecing pretty much everything else together. Agree with the above that League 1 and a chance for 15-20 goals would do the career a world of good. I’d have to imagine there’s teams there that’d be interested, especially after this week. 

Hopefully he's Tony Wallaced himself in the eyes of Falkirk and they sign him as the man to fire them to glory after a decent showing in the playoffs. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived