Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Which is why we need to be fired up for Friday.Whatever Airdrie have left...they are going to throw at us in the first 20/30 minutes on Friday.We need to be switched on from the get go.

Think this is a pretty good point, they looked done towards the end. Just look at how the goal came about, a really cheap corner then McGinty-esque marking in the box - the kind of goal that happens when a team has nothing left. Muirhead actually looked like he was wondering where his marker was before the ball came in, he had that much space.

No excuses for not getting over the line now but there's no redemption for anyone if we do. Far too many of the players we have are just utterly appalling, with special mentions for Salkeld, Muirhead and Blues who is particularly bad - at least the other two make their presence known occasionally, Blues just completely disappears. 

Anyway, a win's a win and the sooner this season is done the better.

AWMSC

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The bumpkins in Dunoon probably understand teuchter and they used to have a travel section.

Right...so that comment is REALLY going to endear us to our friends in the North.

There are Committed Morton fans in Dunoon..Rothesay..Largs...Kilcreggan...Helensburgh...need I list more?

They may not all have 'The Gaeltaght' (apologies if I mis-spelt)....but Morton fans...they are.

12 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Right...so that comment is REALLY going to endear us to our friends in the North.

There are Committed Morton fans in Dunoon..Rothesay..Largs...Kilcreggan...Helensburgh...need I list more?

They may not all have 'The Gaeltaght' (apologies if I mis-spelt)....but Morton fans...they are.

And like all teuchters who left their subdivided tattie fields and flocked to the bright lights of this metropolis on the Clyde before them, they can integrate and learn to speak English instead. 

Next. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McPherson’s annoyance at the club/board was very noticeable in his interview. He said it was putting it mildly to say they gambled on having one goalkeeper. Then when it was pointed out the team had suddenly found goals after a couple of months of problems, he said THEY’VE been like that for much longer than that, and he’s only been here since March! He kept referring to the club and players as “they” not “we” so it doesn’t look as though “he” will be sticking around for next season.

I take it that was a post match interview.

In his pre match slot he made reference that as a club the decision was made to only sign one keeper and when asked about the difference in the playing surfaces, he also made reference to a decision which was made earlier in the season ( i.e. training on the pitch, I expect) and said that both of these decisions were surprising.

56 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Good. He hasn't proven himself over the course of his tenure with Morton. 

Get the Montrose gaffer in.

No.  Fuck getting an East Coaster.  He'll snake us for a Falkirk or Dunfermline at the first opportunity.

Get a Paisley/Glasgow based manager instead.

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

And like all teuchters who left their subdivided tattie fields and flocked to the bright lights of this metropolis on the Clyde before them, they can integrate and learn to speak English instead. 

Next. 

...and here was me thinking you were a supporter of Scottish Independence when in actual fact you're no more than a parochial wee cherub who cant find his toys and probably wants back in his Mummies tummy.

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Good. He hasn't proven himself over the course of his tenure with Morton. 

Get the Montrose gaffer in.

Think that train has sailed. Dunfermline job's open and Petrie has history there. I'd be amazed if they didn't go for him. Then again maybe their deep-pocketed owners have another idea.

EOho8Pw.png

59 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

...and here was me thinking you were a supporter of Scottish Independence when in actual fact you're no more than a parochial wee cherub who cant find his toys and probably wants back in his Mummies tummy.

Donnie Munro, King of the Gaels, is a staunch Labour unionist. When Scotland gets independence we're throwing the Western Isles in as a free gift when we sell Orkney and Shetland back to the Vikings.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Donnie Munro, King of the Gaels, is a staunch Labour unionist. When Scotland gets independence we're throwing the Western Isles in as a free gift when we sell Orkney and Shetland back to the Vikings.

Not on my watch we wont!.......I know Donny from band days many moons ago...dont know what his politics are now as regards Indy.....I suspect he may be part of the 40% of SLAB voters who are in favour of Independence.....but of course I really dont know.

Archived