Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Deego said:

Absolutely mingin footballer.

Can't believe how bad he's regressed. A reliable source* tells me that he's signed a PCA with Falkirk.

*a guy on Discord

Reminder that Robbie Muirhead scored ONE league goal all season. A 300% increase in the playoffs against regens from Montrose and Airdrie does not a Championship striker make. He's earned Man of the Match tonight, hope he enjoys his night, but he needs a handshake and an Uber away from the ground. No room for sentiment.

EOho8Pw.png

Muirhead MOTM, never in doubt. Fair play to him, very strong performance tonight and his first goal in particular was awesome.

Who was that with that cross-field ball to Muirhead at the far post there? That was a fucking Pirlo cross.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't see Fjortoft staying but MCT should be doing everything to convince him we aren't going to be run so shambolically and stay another year. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Job done. Well done to everyone involved.

Now time to clear the decks and move on from this shitshow of a season. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Fair play to the team, that was an utterly dominant two-legged victory. Even at 0-0 in the 91st minute at Airdrie I don't think it was ever in doubt, a comprehensive win overall.

MCT now face a challenge of a reduced budget in the Championship next season and, in all likelihood, a new-look squad.

I wish every player who moves on the best of luck in their career (usual caveats about choice of team apply.) The future is very much uncertain but at least this year's squad pulled it out of the hat when it counted.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived