Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

Think LargsTON has a point whether the rules were clear or not. There are a ton of rules which will not be fully adhered to by every person in every stadium every week but most stuff you can just let go since it doesn't hurt anyone.

The difference just now is that was the first game back post-pandemic (or during if you like) so the stewards were always likely to be extra officious about it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, GiGi said:

Think LargsTON has a point whether the rules were clear or not. There are a ton of rules which will not be fully adhered to by every person in every stadium every week but most stuff you can just let go since it doesn't hurt anyone.

The difference just now is that was the first game back post-pandemic (or during if you like) so the stewards were always likely to be extra officious about it.

Not long after my dad and I took our seats (we live in different houses but nobody asked us about it) a guy along from us in the row behind asked if he could sit with his colleague (who was in our row). Steward gave a short sharp answer saying that he had to remain put. Yet when anyone wanted to go to the toilet they had to squeeze past any number of folk in their row.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

6 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Not long after my dad and I took our seats (we live in different houses but nobody asked us about it) a guy along from us in the row behind asked if he could sit with his colleague (who was in our row). Steward gave a short sharp answer saying that he had to remain put. Yet when anyone wanted to go to the toilet they had to squeeze past any number of folk in their row.

Emphasises my point.  What a nonsense.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

34 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

What about the thread and the actual match? Any comments?

If you want to relitigate the match two days later nobody's fucking stopping you. 

EOho8Pw.png

On 5/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, LargsTON said:

Emphasises my point.  What a nonsense.

Just seen pictures from the Brechin (relegation :lol:) game and about 1 in 10 people were wearing masks at it so clearly it wasn't a government thing and just a combination of Morton/stewards being daft.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I can't see many people attending matches if the matchday experience now involves the wearing of a mask, especially in open spaces. I'm hoping that the 'test event' was just that and when it come to playing Arbroath on a Saturday at 3pm, the stewarding will be less officious without the BBC cameras present.

The phrase 'new normal' which has entered the lexicon has me questioning the purchase of a season-ticket, as no doubt another variant will be on the horizon, like the bogeyman under the bed. 

Archived