Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

Marcus is clearly manager orientated... He clearly came to us to play for a manager he believed would improve him. With no manger hes walking unless hes offered crazy money which shouldn't be on offer. As things stand were not in an employee's market as we have nothing but a wage to offer....and that's not going to be enticing on it's own.

Some player are much more happy for the old hot air to be blown before signing....without that it will be a much more difficult task!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Monehton said:

I’ll depart this forum on the back of 3 wins and hope that season 2021.22  brings success for the ton. 

Great to see McPherson sticking to his guns and picking a starting 11 that he knew would do the job.

Comedy gold to see the uneducated and clueless contributions from Virgin Ton and Dumwit1874 this year. Virgin was a self confessed non viewer of games but seemed to feel there was an opinion  worth reading based on his opt out clause. Dumwit didn’t have a single supportive post all year.

Nae clue boys 

Onwards and upwards for next season Morton - monehton

You'll get a big vote down by all the love children who seem to want to own this forum.

Thankfully my faith has been restored by a few!!

View the incriminating following🤣

Thought we looked decent tonight but against a poor team. Oliver had them looking terrified every time he was on the ball. 

Wouldn't be disappointed if we emptied every player in the squad after the season we've had but could probably make a case for most of them individually depending on who's around them. 

7 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

MvGinn and Oliver for me.

McGinn was excellent tonight. Wish he'd been like that more in the season proper.

Oliver covered an absolute ton of ground but I'm still not convinced he's an answer for the Championship next season.

I hope we're doing all we can to keep Ledger.

EOho8Pw.png

A fantastic performance with all the energy and ambition required to not just hold those jobbers at arms length, but to deliver as comprehensive a swording as you will see in such a game. All the players deserve great credit for that performance.

Tomorrow we can think about the future of individuals: one performance and a decent showing the other night shouldn't change too much though. We should not have been in this position in the first place so sweeping changes are needed.

Fuck Airdrie.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

McGinn was excellent tonight. Wish he'd been like that more in the season proper.

Oliver covered an absolute ton of ground but I'm still not convinced he's an answer for the Championship next season.

Gary has grown as a player..its pretty obvious.My concern was about the club managing to hold onto Fjortoft and Strapp.....I also think a few clubs may be in for Oliver.

Hours after our survival I'm publishing initial thoughts about who I would like to see playing next season.Its all 'pie in the sky' of course because we dont...as yet...know who is going to be managing the team for season 21-22.

Even so...I'll throw this out there.If we can hang onto McGinn...I would like to see Paul McGowan (DFC) alongside him (Kyle Jacobs I doubt....has another season @ Championship level). Well thats for starters.

Putting my crash-helmet on now for incoming. 

2 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Hours after our survival I'm publishing initial thoughts about who I would like to see playing next season.Its all 'pie in the sky' of course because we dont...as yet...know who is going to be managing the team for season 21-22.

Even so...I'll throw this out there.If we can hang onto McGinn...I would like to see Paul McGowan (DFC) alongside him (Kyle Jacobs I doubt....has another season @ Championship level). Well thats for starters.

Jacobs is 29. Why wouldn’t he have another season at this level?

I think some of you new age “football managers” are overthinking things. That was an absolutely fantastic performance over 90 minutes from Our Team - be careful what you wish for if that performance doesn’t quite match up to your criteria for a Scottish Championship standard of football! 
If that doesn’t float your boat then move on to some other interest!

28 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The problem with Oliver is he needs 5 or 6 games to get into form and needs players round about him that compliment him. No doubt he can be a cracking player but there's a lot of ifs there. 

13 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

McGinn and Jacobs can't play in the same midfield. Too defensive and do the same job. 

Actually him and McGinty being injured and forcing changing helped Gus a bit since it forced his hand to make a couple of changes that were needed. 

Archived