Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent professional performance over the two legs against a very ordinary Airdrie outfit. You cannot fault the effort of any of the players tonight but you have to judge them over the course of the season and on this measure the majority have been found wanting. MCT has to start on the front foot but this is the time to show they mean business and are willing to make tough decisions by saying thanks but time to move on. 

1 minute ago, pink_panther said:

Gus hasnt had much conversation with MCT apparently

I revoke all my previous criticism of MCT. Gus was under contract until the end of the season and until Monday had shown little to demonstrate his suitability for a full-time role. MCT should treat him as one applicant among many. Definitely take the playoffs into account - and the tripe that preceded them - but we have a blank slate and should treat it as such.

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Gus confirming that some players already know they are moving onto new teams with managers they know 

Wonder how many Hopkin is taking.

I think that, for all the talk on here about releasing players, they'll make the decision for us in many cases. Which is absolutely fucking fine by me.

EOho8Pw.png

Totally deserved result and congratulations to manager and team.

Unfortunately one swallow doesn't make a spring and playing like that has been missing all season.

The hard work starts now and a Rae free era begins.

Mon the Ton.

Gus only brought in McGinn. Every game hes played hes just got better and better. Just class tonight!!! If a player if that calibre comes to Morton starting the season then we'll be a comfortable championship team minimum....he might not be the next manager but clearly hes been scouting and a DOF role is a possibility.....?????

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I think Colville’s heading back down south again. 

He was quoted in an interview with Gerry about moving to Ayrshire awhile back I’m sure, so wonder if Hoppys had a word there. 

57 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Don't see Fjortoft staying but MCT should be doing everything to convince him we aren't going to be run so shambolically and stay another year. 

Players at this level don't care about off the park. If they've got a good wage and manager they'll sign. In fact, 99% don't even care about the manager once they're older than 23/24.

I’ll depart this forum having watched every minute of every game and on the back of 3 wins and hope that season 2021.22  brings success for the ton. 

Great to see McPherson sticking to his guns and picking a starting 11 that he knew would do the job.

Comedy gold to see the uneducated and clueless contributions from Virgin Ton and Dumwit1874 this year. Virgin was a self confessed non viewer of games but seemed to feel there was an opinion  worth reading based on his opt out clause. Dumwit didn’t have a single supportive post all year.

Nae clue boys 

Onwards and upwards for next season Morton - monehton

55 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Gus confirming that some players already know they are moving onto new teams with managers they know 

Wonder how many Hopkin is taking.

Many as he wants tbh. We were mostly shite because of him and he nearly dragged the little people down instead of us. Fuck him.

Mon the Ton

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived