Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

10 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

The only excellent thing Muirhead will do for Morton is leave.

Scoring a 90+4 winner against Airdrie is objectively excellent. This can be his parting gift in exchange for God-knows what else service we got over the years.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Scapaflow said:

Seen Chris Millar  this morning at  Cappielow , looks like  he is carrying an injury 

He posted a picture after the Montrose game of his foot. Looked pretty swollen and badly bruised.

While I sympathise with Gus, over the shitshow he inherited, on just about every measure the man has demonstrated he should be binned at the end of the season. The results have not improved, he continues to baffle with his selections, the performances are dire and he too often talks partonising nonsense. We may escape the drop this season but unless there is a clear-out of the dross which includes the current management we are simply delaying the inevitable.

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

While I tend to agree with what McPherson is saying, it's a bit tiresome hearing it more than once. Or even at all. He surely knew we were a mess when he agreed to take over.

I agree. Gus knew the situation before signing on the dotted line. I know he’s reflecting supporters’ frustrations at the limitations of the squad, especially given the farcical goalkeeping predicament, but it’s his remit to keep that ramshackle squad in the league. If he achieves this, then he has that to put on CV, as does the rest of them.

As for extending his stay beyond this month, I would much rather start a new chapter in the club’s history afresh. Two wins against clubs in the league below doesn’t change my mind.

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

There was some blazer outside complaining that even with 1,000 fans the game would be running at a loss due to the cost of accommodating fans.

Yet here we are, releasing tickets for an additional area of the ground which will require adfitional stewarding etc.

Said blazer can stfu.

I know Morton said they were having a meeting with their 'safety partners' whatever the heck that means but I trust we sought the relevant approval to go over the initial 500?

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Yet here we are, releasing tickets for an additional area of the ground which will require adfitional stewarding etc.

Said blazer can stfu.

I know Morton said they were having a meeting with their 'safety partners' whatever the heck that means but I trust we sought the relevant approval to go over the initial 500?

Safety partners is just Inverclyde council health and safety enforcement 

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

100 extra tickets for the WDE going on sale tomorrow morning at 9am. In person only.

I'd definitely phone up for a ticket for the WDE, that'd be a novelty at any time. Wonder why it's in-person only this time? That definitely rules out any chance for me.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

There was some blazer outside complaining that even with 1,000 fans the game would be running at a loss due to the cost of accommodating fans. 

This is the kind of fkn moron mct need to get emptied from the club. Fkn idiots constant negativity always the fans fault n poor liitle morton doing us a favour etc. Hopefully people like him are emptied as quickly as the majority playing squad on Saturday morning regardless of the result. 

36 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

This is the kind of fkn moron mct need to get emptied from the club. Fkn idiots constant negativity always the fans fault n poor liitle morton doing us a favour etc. Hopefully people like him are emptied as quickly as the majority playing squad on Saturday morning regardless of the result. 

He’s obviously been listening to Crawford too much.

24 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

He’s obviously been listening to Crawford too much.

More than likely toeing the party line. Never the less a clean sweep behind the scenes is needed just as much as on the park. Time to be utterly ruthless or we will never get anywhere near resembling a professional football club. 

The only explanation I can think of for our most recent managers choosing the likes of Muirhead, Blues, Salkend, and Orsi over our preferred options are that possibly they always (attempt to) follow the manager’s instructions? Perhaps they’re asked to stay in their given role, stick to the game plan and track back/cover when required? If that is the case I disagree but what else would explain constantly picking them and calling Muirhead’s performance “excellent”?  Perhaps the likes of Nesbitt, Lyon, Colville and McGuffie are seen as playing a bit more off the cuff in comparison?

1 hour ago, gmfc23 said:

At the very least I think people connected with the club need to be told to put a brave face on things when dealing with the general public. I don't doubt that putting on a game for spectators at short notice, with a lot of very strict COVID guidance going on, is a challenge. It seems questionable whether it's enough of a challenge to outbalance at least £7,500 of gross receipts, but the cost-benefit analysis is a fair one to make.

But it's an analysis to be made at board level and, if needed, among MCT members via appropriate channels. Not just thrown out into the wind. A bunch of people in line for the game aren't especially going to want to hear that, are they? At worst it's biting the hand that feeds and at best it's a bit of the old hard-luck story we've been hearing for going on 20 years now.

We have an amazing chance to fix Morton while it's in the hands of the supporters, and it is to the credit of everyone at MCT that they've got this far in the first place. So I hope they can ensure everybody connected with the club has their best foot forward at all times. That doesn't mean lying or pretending everything is rosy in the garden when it's not, but it does mean accentuating the positive and dealing with setbacks constructively.

EOho8Pw.png

8 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

At the very least I think people connected with the club need to be told to put a brave face on things when dealing with the general public. I don't doubt that putting on a game for spectators at short notice, with a lot of very strict COVID guidance going on, is a challenge. It seems questionable whether it's enough of a challenge to outbalance at least £7,500 of gross receipts, but the cost-benefit analysis is a fair one to make.

But it's an analysis to be made at board level and, if needed, among MCT members via appropriate channels. Not just thrown out into the wind. A bunch of people in line for the game aren't especially going to want to hear that, are they? At worst it's biting the hand that feeds and at best it's a bit of the old hard-luck story we've been hearing for going on 20 years now.

We have an amazing chance to fix Morton while it's in the hands of the supporters, and it is to the credit of everyone at MCT that they've got this far in the first place. So I hope they can ensure everybody connected with the club has their best foot forward at all times. That doesn't mean lying or pretending everything is rosy in the garden when it's not, but it does mean accentuating the positive and dealing with setbacks constructively.

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, gmfc23 said:

They must have conveniently forgotten that Diamond Dave was busy flogging season tickets this season with the claim that the lucky recipients would get first dibs on the return of fans in grounds from January if not earlier. They're lucky that people are not banging at the gates demanding a refund for that, never mind gurning about the costs of a playoff that we wouldn't fucking be in anyway if the club wasn't a raging binfire all season long.

Next season is the time to make a case with the rest of the SPFL to launch these stupid restrictions into the sun. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

They must have conveniently forgotten that Diamond Dave was busy flogging season tickets this season with the claim that the lucky recipients would get first dibs on the return of fans in grounds from January if not earlier. They're lucky that people are not banging at the gates demanding a refund for that, never mind gurning about the costs of a playoff that we wouldn't fucking be in anyway if the club wasn't a raging binfire all season long.

Next season is the time to make a case with the rest of the SPFL to launch these stupid restrictions into the sun. 

Not to mention the refunds for the unplayed home games last season, that most season-ticket holders waived as a goodwill gesture. Instead of bemoaning the cost of accomodating fans, Mr Blazer should be thanking them for digging into their pockets, when they could have saved their money and watched it on the telly.

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

This.

For years the club has lacked the so many of the fundamental basics required for where we are. Professionalism and integrity of the club and any individuals representing the club should be right at the very top of priorities.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

11 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Absolutely correct

Archived