Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Airdrieonians vs Morton (Playoff Final 18th/21st May)

Admin

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win but the more pleasing element is just how badly Airdrie fell out of the game in the last twenty minutes, they looked done physically.

Start Nesbitt and McGuffie and just run at them all night until they fold (as a club again, with any luck). 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Muirhead's ability never in doubt. Pler. 

Lyon toiled well when coming on, thought he was going to cement us a 2 nil lead going into Friday. 

Nesbitt and McGuffie on from the start, let's bury these Nazi bastards. 

Happy with the result but christ almighty that was eye bleeding stuff. Expected more from Airdrie given their recent form but they looked very ordinary and Fox never had an easier night.

Defence looked fine, midfield meh, up front total shite. So not much change from normal.

Perfectly poised for a classic Morton shame game on Friday.

Well when you look at Montrose compared to that lot....not to many problems caused and the only player youd take is already a championship player.....where as Montrose had much more potential on show for me.

I'm expecting a much better atmosphere at cappielow and I think that'll see us over the line

JTA   dont think Muirhead will be on corner duties😂

1 minute ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Neither can Strapp in truth...over-hits everything.

It was a problem for half the team, close control and short passes are overhit. Salkeld's bad for it, Nesbitt as well. No idea why.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It was a problem for half the team, close control and short passes are overhit. Salkeld's bad for it, Nesbitt as well. No idea why.

Ferguson and McFadden both basically said their pitch was shocking.....lower league sides never water them or look after them properly

Still wondering why the hell McLean was out there in the 1st place for a short corner,  some ball in.

Fully deserved,  should have scored more. Score first on Friday and that's it. They were poor.

23 minutes ago, Madton said:

Still wondering why the hell McLean was out there in the 1st place for a short corner,  some ball in.

He was off getting treatment. Came back on in acres of space so seized the opportunity. 

Archived