Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

5 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Surprise, surprise, McPherson "cannot fault the effort of the players for the large part" once again in Saturday's dismal showing.

Get out of this club you Jim McInally level fraud. 

"Gary Oliver is maybe finding his confidence at the right time of the season" is an absolute screamer.

If MCT is to get off to a convincing start, McPherson must know he's out of a job soon. In the circumstances, I think the only really acceptable approach ahead of tomorrow is to just get tore right into the players and publicly state that if they fancy another full-time contract anywhere that they need to justify it tomorrow night. There's absolutely nothing to lose from not doing so, and at least you go out fighting rather than once again encouraging a pathetic surrender.

AWMSC

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LargsTON said:

That's exactly where i see us headed I'm afraid.  Many see MCT as the saviours but I see it as the beginning of the end of Morton as a club with any serious aspirations to be a top flight club ever again. 

The Raes haven't had serious aspirations to be a top flight club since 2013. When they broke up that team, let Peaso walk away to Dundee and had their new finance director fluff their 8-8-8 squad of ringers, that was their towel being chucked in for good. We've been in a holding pattern ever since. 

The reality is that the club needs to be more efficient and with a more varied business model than we've had if we are to regularly compete at that level again. There's no reason why fan ownership can't do this but private ownership can.  Capital investment needs to be maintained to be used on building the club up off the park and any/all public funding should also be competed for as a genuine, community owned asset rather than the offshoot of a daft wee sweetie company. 

It is not going to be an overnight process: but that is the inevitable outcome of wasting nearly twenty years rather than an issue with our change of ownership. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Orsi injured which is a positive. Watch Gus start Easdale or something though.

Presumably that means Muirhead up front.  No doubt we'll be playing a lone striker against such top-notch opposition.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Orsi injured which is a positive. Watch Gus start Easdale or something though.

I don't really get these kind of comments. There is absolutely nothing to lose by playing Easdale, he can't possible be worse or more ineffective than the other jokers we have creeping about the forward positions. If he plays and he's shite, then we're no worse off than we would have been with any other option; also, he's under contract for next season and he *should* be in contention for starting positions.

AWMSC

13 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

I don't really get these kind of comments. There is absolutely nothing to lose by playing Easdale, he can't possible be worse or more ineffective than the other jokers we have creeping about the forward positions. If he plays and he's shite, then we're no worse off than we would have been with any other option; also, he's under contract for next season and he *should* be in contention for starting positions.

I agree totally. Oliver took his goal well on Saturday but other than that it's not like we're dropping Benzema. If Easdale's in the first team squad for a team that's scored fewer than a goal a game all season, there's no reason not to give him a chance until he's completely proven he's significantly below the level of the others.

EOho8Pw.png

Ffs that team is a joke. Mcpherson must be working as an undercover saboteur. Fucking hell. Is it April 1st.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

That is the biggest mindfuck of a starting eleven I’ve ever seen us put out, and we’ve seen some belters.

Hynes, Lyon and Colville coming in was the blatantly obvious choices that had to be made for tonight. It’s absolutely mental.

Archived