Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

23 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Is there a single good reason why they're having fans queue up in person to buy tickets? It's bad enough for season ticket holders having to turn up individually but for everyone else there's basically no chance. I'll be working so can't go and join a queue at daft o'clock in the morning for a small chance at a handful of tickets.

This should be an online ballot to be fair to everyone.

Yep, no problems with season ticket holders getting priority but in-person sales at 9am on weekday morning is farcical. I've seen Brendan saying on Twitter that you can phone to buy them, but let's face it, that's not really much better when the club has a skeleton staff and a very basic phone set-up. A ballot would be much easier.

AWMSC

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know the Raes are leaving but MCT take over in a few weeks, they have guys in the club helping with the running of it, and still there's the tuck shop approach to selling tickets. This doesn't bode well at all. 

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

We know the Raes are leaving but MCT take over in a few weeks, they have guys in the club helping with the running of it, and still there's the tuck shop approach to selling tickets. This doesn't bode well at all. 

I think we have to cut them a wee bit of slack here. They're in the middle of the transition of ownership and I'm sure having to deal with a million and one other things on a voluntary basis. Happy to give them the benefit of doubt, for now. 

Have to admit, I was stupidly trying to get on to the GMFCTickets website this morning thinking they might go on there. The site was down, again stupidly thinking it might be because they were in the process of doing it.

Fool me once...

9 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I think we have to cut them a wee bit of slack here. They're in the middle of the transition of ownership and I'm sure having to deal with a million and one other things on a voluntary basis. Happy to give them the benefit of doubt, for now. 

I have great respect for MCT and I know they are volunteers but the two things they have to get right are the football side of things, and anything that directly faces the fans - such as ticketing.

EOho8Pw.png

7 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I have great respect for MCT and I know they are volunteers but the two things they have to get right are the football side of things, and anything that directly faces the fans - such as ticketing.

Totally agree, but right now, I can understand that it might not be the top of their priority list. Of course if they don't sort it out in the fullness of time they will fully deserve any criticism they may receive. 

59 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Totally agree, but right now, I can understand that it might not be the top of their priority list. Of course if they don't sort it out in the fullness of time they will fully deserve any criticism they may receive. 

Mmm...yes and no. It's selling 500 tickets at £15 a pop, I'd guess selling them in a way that's easily accessible to all fans really should be fairly high up the list to be honest, as should not having 500 people potentially descending on Cappielow at 9am in the middle of a pandemic.

Selling tickets shouldn't really be presenting a huge challenge, especially when the prospect of fans being allowed in to the finals has been being mooted for a while...that and the fact we're supposed to already have a ticketing website. Alternatively, I wonder if this might mean that the previous system has been binned? If so, then that'd certainly be a positive step.

AWMSC

1 hour ago, Scapaflow said:

500 fans  in the main stand  only ,  that  will  be tight  as  the space  between rows  is  not that  great 

I know the BBC cameras will be in the Cowshed but surely they could get about 100 in the seats there, 50 spaced out either side of the gantry.

6 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

Yep, no problems with season ticket holders getting priority but in-person sales at 9am on weekday morning is farcical. I've seen Brendan saying on Twitter that you can phone to buy them, but let's face it, that's not really much better when the club has a skeleton staff and a very basic phone set-up. A ballot would be much easier.

In what way would a ballot be much easier? It shafts season ticket holders right over.

Mountain out of a molehill. Everything is opening up and the ticket office is outside, nor will 500 fans likely descend at 9am.

Complaining for the sake of it tbh. Anytime ive had to phone cappielow (whilst Brendan has been around) its been a canter.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Just now, TONofmemories said:

In what way would a ballot be much easier? It shafts season ticket holders right over.

Mountain out of a molehill. Everything is opening up and the ticket office is outside, nor will 500 fans likely descend at 9am.

Complaining for the sake of it tbh. Anytime ive had to phone cappielow (whilst Brendan has been around) its been a canter.

Not what we meant. Season ticket holders first, ballot for the leftover.

It's going to be manic scrambling for a few tickets on this first-come-first-served basis.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

3 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Could this be because some people might have somewhere else they need to be at 9am on a weekday?

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

Ballot 40 tickets? More hassle than its worth.

And opening the ticket office isn't? Manning the phone lines isn't? A ballot takes far less time than either of these things.

MCT are budgeting around 15% of turnover on office and administrative staff for next season - more than coaching staff. It's not too much to ask that they use their time wisely, is it?

EOho8Pw.png

17 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

For the public sale, if there is one. Expecting people to be able to get to Cappielow at 9am on a weekday is ridiculous, as is thinking it’s going to be practical to try to run phone and physical sales concurrently for a small number of tickets. If there’s say, 80 tickets available, with 100 people queuing and another 20,  even, trying to phone, it’s just not really going to work well, is it? 

It’s a basic operation here, being handled badly.

AWMSC

It's also indicative of Morton's inability to think sustainably. You can't run this business like you're sorting festival tickets for a few of your mates. Having a limited number of office staff doing phone sales is a *terrible* use of their time and it doesn't scale.

It is related to the overall problem at Cappielow that people want everything to be done in snidey wee meetings. Like back when Warren was running the show, if you wanted an answer for anything you were supposed to make an appointment and go and see him. So he was tied up in these stupid little confabs when he could have been renewing contracts or something. MacKinnon continued down that exact same path. Hopefully we're getting off it when MCT take over.

EOho8Pw.png

40 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

MCT are budgeting around 15% of turnover on office and administrative staff for next season - more than coaching staff. It's not too much to ask that they use their time wisely, is it?

But I believe they actually only take over the reins on 1 June, no? So expecting them to fix the ticketing mess of the current administration now, in the midst of the transfer of ownership and before they've even had the chance to put their own people and systems in place, is a bit unfair, IMO. 

They're taking over a shit show, give then some time.

56 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Ballot 40 tickets? More hassle than its worth.

But miles better than the hassle of turning up at Cappielow at half 8 in the morning, waiting in a queue for 40-50 minutes then being told there's no tickets. That would be a huge waste of a lot of people's time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

10 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

But I believe they actually only take over the reins on 1 June, no? So expecting them to fix the ticketing mess of the current administration now, in the midst of the transfer of ownership and before they've even had the chance to put their own people and systems in place, is a bit unfair, IMO. 

They're taking over a shit show, give then some time.

Yeah, that's fair. Hopefully the ticketing site being down means things are in the works.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, EanieMeany said:

It’s a basic operation here, being handled badly.

That's the club motto. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Expect ST holders to take up 475 of the tickets 

The residue should be given to essential workers as a freebie

Shocked the season card can't be loaded need to skip down from Glasgow over lunch.

Emailed Brendan but no response.

Might be an overnight rabble forming Thursday' 

Archived