Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Just a shame its the not the Morton/Airdrie of yesteryear. Used to be a fair bit of hatred there

The only place I ever took a punch from an opposition fan for merely walking down their high street in our colours.....I hate the c#$&s!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Chesh said:

First time back in and the BBC alba cameras will be taking up the majority of the middle of the cowshed.

I wonder if all the fans will be situated in the main stand only.

The guidance on outdoor events does state that seated crowds of 500 are allowed, so I would expect it to be stand only.

Absolute nonsense to think that the stand where everyone has to walk through the same corridor to get to their cramped seats could be safer in terms of Covid restrictions than literally every other side of Cappielow just because people will be standing in the others and might not be rigidly stuck to one spot in the open air and easier to distance Wee Dublin End, but whatever. There are a grand total of two cases in Inverclyde at the moment anyway.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Ledger has been our best player defensively this season but as a full back he not only offers very little in the way of an attacking threat further up the pitch, he also doesn't offer much in the way of constructive passing (long or short) out from the defence. Strapp's contributions in that sense have been poor for a while as well. I thought that was one of the most painful aspects of the game at Montrose, and we've been pretty poor at it all season - the long balls are aimless and the shorter passes are either very basic or not very accurate. Millar at least helped with this last night. 

That being said, I think we only found very short term, surprise solution to our problems last night. I'm not sure what to do against Airdrie. Oliver was our best attacking player last night, I thought, and should start again. Blues was poor and should be replaced by Lyon. I don't think we can afford to play two big headless chickens all the time, so either Muirhead or Salkeld (at most).

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

The guidance on outdoor events does state that seated crowds of 500 are allowed, so I would expect it to be stand only.

Absolute nonsense to think that the stand where everyone has to walk through the same corridor to get to their cramped seats could be safer in terms of Covid restrictions than literally every other side of Cappielow just because people will be standing in the others and might not be rigidly stuck to one spot in the open air and easier to distance Wee Dublin End, but whatever. There are a grand total of two cases in Inverclyde at the moment anyway.

The Wee Dublin End is technically seated, open her up.

The club can also ask the local authority for permission to use more than the capacity limit for an event. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

"events will resume with a maximum capacity of 100 people indoors, 250 outdoors where there is unrestricted standing and 500 for events with seating. Organisers will be allowed to apply to hold bigger events"

Not sure if we can use a combination of seated and standing though.

9 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Having 500 people descend on Cappielow at 9am certainly seems a fabulous idea in the middle of a pandemic.

For attending the game itself some people will have turn up an hour and 45 minutes before kick off to ensure safe distancing, but we all have to go and purchase our tickets in person and can do so whenever we like :lol:

I think it's a PR own goal not to let season ticket holders in for free anyway. People have paid for season tickets as a goodwill gesture to the club knowing they may not get to attend all season then we have one game which fans can attend, that we're only playing in because of colossal incompetence at all levels of the club putting us in a relegation playoff, and they're charging those people £15 for the privilege.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

27 minutes ago, Deego said:

Can’t imagine the general sale in-person being a good idea.

Aye, having to purchase in person for season ticket holders is bad enough, but doing that for general sale for the rest of the fanbase when they might have something like 30 tickets left is wild.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The Wee Dublin End is technically seated, open her up.

The club can also ask the local authority for permission to use more than the capacity limit for an event. 

They have decided not to ask for any more.

Is there a single good reason why they're having fans queue up in person to buy tickets? It's bad enough for season ticket holders having to turn up individually but for everyone else there's basically no chance. I'll be working so can't go and join a queue at daft o'clock in the morning for a small chance at a handful of tickets.

This should be an online ballot to be fair to everyone.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived