Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

180 odd minutes against a part time team who've played about 1000 minutes in the last 6 weeks and we can't beat them.

I was about to type there's no difference in fitness bettween the sides but there obviously is. Their number 6 looks fresh as a daisy, for example, whereas Fjortoft looks knackered.

Nesbitt cuts across the defender, giving himself two seconds to shoot, taps a snidey wee pass backward instead, it's fed out wide where from there it's crossed to nobody, about 20 yards from goal. Get the fucking ball into the fucking box, their keeper is shit and has been made to look thus twice already.

EOho8Pw.png

McGinn MOTM? He's been good in the second half but for me both Oliver and Jacobs were better over the 98+ minutes so far (even allowing for Oliver's coming off.)

EOho8Pw.png

14 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Brutal from Nesbitt there.

I genuinely don't think he's picked the right option once in the 100 minutes of play so far. He's just after needlessly punting it down the touchline 25 yards ahead of him to nobody.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I was about to type there's no difference in fitness bettween the sides but there obviously is. Their number 6 looks fresh as a daisy, for example, whereas Fjortoft looks knackered.

Nesbitt cuts across the defender, giving himself two seconds to shoot, taps a snidey wee pass backward instead, it's fed out wide where from there it's crossed to nobody, about 20 yards from goal. Get the fucking ball into the fucking box, their keeper is shit and has been made to look thus twice already.

The cross literally travelling across the outside of the box may have something to do with us putting a centre back at right back.

I like Ledger, he's possibly been our best outfield player this season, but putting him on ahead of Hynes when we need the full backs putting crosses in is clearly the wrong call.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Aye, he struggled to lift himself off the pitch at the end of the 1st half of extra time there.

Has McGuffie had a touch since he came on?

Overhit a cross by about 15 yards, that was it.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

9 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

The cross literally travelling across the outside of the box may have something to do with us putting a centre back at right back.

I like Ledger, he's possibly been our best outfield player this season, but putting him on ahead of Hynes when we need the full backs putting crosses in is clearly the wrong call.

Well, aye, but if we're also expecting Darren Hynes to be pinging them in like Kyle Walker we have bigger problems.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TONofmemories said:

Fifth pen shoot out loss of the season coming up here 

I was playing Football Manager last night, a Korean FA Cup game, put the kids on and they got held 0-0 by some Second Division dross. We won 3-0 on penalties. I choose to believe that this is an omen.

EOho8Pw.png

Nesbitt. Misses target with the goalie grounded. Much of this team are very lucky to have been making a full time living out of football, nowhere near good enough.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Just now, RealTonKid said:

Nesbitt is so wasteful

He 100% needs to go at the end of this season, enough is enough. Nice guy, tries hard, is a far worse player now than he was a few years ago. Maybe he can kick on somewhere else but if we're counting on him even in League One we're screwed before we even start.

What a pathetic excuse for a volley that was, absolutely pathetic.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived