Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

10 minutes too late for that sub but at least it's the correct one.

What a chance! Something like that out of nowhere is the only way we're scoring here.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nornirontons said:

McGinn breaking up a large part of their play....been very good second this half...oooh!! Hardlines Jacob's!!!

After a very poor first half he's starting to show his worth now. Just bought a foul off their gormless #22.

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Actually thought Blues wasn't too bad, not got the most ability but put a decent shift in. 

I thought he was fucking diabolical, personally. Has zero positional sense whatsoever, and no amount of "putting a decent shift in" will compensate for that.

He's rotten.

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I thought he was fucking diabolical, personally. Has zero positional sense whatsoever, and no amount of "putting a decent shift in" will compensate for that.

He's rotten.

Salkeld, Muirhead, same problem. Just fucking rubbish.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

My condolences to Kerr Waddell's teeth. That was a sickener.

2 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

He's rotten.

Agree completely. Contrast with Jacobs and (in this half) McGinn, who at least can close down lines.

EOho8Pw.png

Salkeld is just a headless chicken with no touch, pace, strength, awareness, anything. Worst player on the pitch never mind the goal.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

Wrong sub, Oliver's the last of the front three who should be coming off.

Aye, he's been good today.

As I type that Muirhead is tasked with winning a very slightly overhit ball and immediately does a dying swan act. Tripe.

EOho8Pw.png

Millar, entirely unsurprisingly, is breathing out his arse now to the point he can barely run. When we're on the ropes like this we can't afford that, get Hynes on now.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 free kicks in injury time to get a final chance at goal, both sail through to the keeper. I don't even want to watch extra time.

onsP5NR.jpg

Brutal from Nesbitt there.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If we must suffer Nesbitt's lack of end product from open play, can we please get him as far away from set-pieces as possible?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

180 odd minutes against a part time team who've played about 1000 minutes in the last 6 weeks and we can't beat them.

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived