Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That number 23 with the bowlcut, his head's gone, hope Midge gets him sent off.

Just now, ChampTon said:

Not been his biggest fan since returning but I feel like Millar has been a pivotal figure so far tonight. 

Great minds. He's being a right pest (in a good way).

EOho8Pw.png

That number 10 of theirs has been a right handful (and a prick) for the whole game, not surprised at that. But we're still in a decent position overall. I think Gus underestimated him, sadly, and he's not being properly marked. But Strapp was turned far too easily to allow that cross in.

EOho8Pw.png

Quick start spooked Montrose a bit I think, looked a lot more comfortable as they settled. I’d still hand the advantage to them just because we’re mince, but we’re not completely out of it yet as I assumed would be the case with that lineup. 

Since they scored we've reverted to "dreadful".

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Well the drunken tombola line up has performed better than anticipated for the first 25 mins. Miller looking steady and professional and he's made a difference. last 20 mins we've gone into our shell and handed the initiative to Montrose who've deserved their goal.

Need to get back on the horse and show some blood and thunder in the next 45. More effort, energy and intensity required.

The plan here is to wait and see if Montrose score before making subs isn't it? Admittedly they aren't threatening us right now, but for all our possession over the last 10 minutes we're creating nothing either.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived