Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

Got to wonder what Hynes and Ledger make of it. Ledger near-enough ever-present, Hynes getting bigged up by the "manager", now they're both benched in favor of Old Father Time.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blaming the state of the pitch was because we trained on it at start of the season. Hopes our line up surprises Montrose. Not concerned about his job its Morton thats important. Montrose have good players. We played well for an hour blah blah blah

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

What's he saying? Need some specifics here.

Can't fault effort or commitment. Can't score or create. Pitch is poor.

Chick Young now on trying not to laugh at Gus's selection/formation.

Blaming the pitch? We played on a fucking bowling green of an artificial surface on Saturday and shipped two goals to a bunch of mutton anglers and grime miners. We should be thanking the heavens that we get to play on mud tonight.

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

You get the feeling that desperation has set in and Gus has thrown some shit at the wall in the hope that something sticks.

The barrel has been scraped to within an inch of its life

The desperation thing did come to mind to an extent. I was thinking of April 2004 when the wheels were truly off and John McCormack starting throwing wildly different team selections out every week desperately hoping something would magically fix it; obviously nothing did because there's no coming back from that point.

This is way beyond that though. Throwing Salkeld in by itself would be comparable to some of those McCormack lineups. All of it together is just completely insane.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

There's really no point getting annoyed about whatever team we put out tonight because the damage is already done by the succession of absolutely shite teams we've been fielding all year. Fuck the lot of them and hope we get some decent players in next year for league one.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Can't fault effort or commitment. Can't score or create. Pitch is poor.

Chick Young now on trying not to laugh at Gus's selection/formation.

I've praised the team's character many times this season but it really, really needs to go without saying (literally) at this point. Their job is more than commitment, it's also the ability to deliver. If they finish 9th and fall at the first playoff hurdle then it's simply not good enough, effort be damned, and should be called exactly what it is - a failure of a season.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

The desperation thing did come to mind to an extent. I was thinking of April 2004 when the wheels were truly off and John McCormack starting throwing wildly different team selections out every week desperately hoping something would magically fix it; obviously nothing did because there's no coming back from that point.

This is way beyond that though. Throwing Salkeld in by itself would be comparable to some of those McCormack lineups. All of it together is just completely insane.

Just remember some of the mad stuff going on behind the scenes which contributed to some of those selections. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the lineup tonight. 

Listening to Gus, assuming nothing is going on behind the scenes, he's dropped the wee guys up front because the pitch is awful and we're going long. Millar to lump the balls up. 

Gerry getting Sean Dillon mixed up with Shaun Dillon.

Gus on his vinegars as McLean LAUNCHES a long ball to Salkeld, who HEROICALLY wins a throw-in.

The route one revolution is happening and Montrose are on the ropes as they concede their first corner of the evening!

EOho8Pw.png

Archived