Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Surely Gerry is mistaken and its Jacobs ar RB, Millar in Midfield? Or Salkeld? Or, I don't fucking know.

Get to fuck Gus.

Never watched those videos before so didn't realise he read out the formation. 38-year-old Millar at right back in out the cold? No disrespect to Millar but I'm no' so sure that'll go too well.

1 minute ago, Deego said:

Never watched those videos before so didn't realise he read out the formation. 38-year-old Millar at right back in out the cold? No disrespect to Millar but I'm no' so sure that'll go too well.

Aye, only really watch them if it's not obvious who is where.

Scandalous if it turns out to be as stated.

Just now, Deego said:

And Jacobs in midfield, who was a decent enough filler if need be. It cannae be right.

Is Millar getting a run-out since this is (presumably) his last appearance for the club? It's just very strange.

EOho8Pw.png

Millar has 4 appearances this season. He hasn't lasted very long in any of them. 49 minutes the longest. 

Salkeld has played about 10 minutes under Gus. 

Something really strange going on here (I know, I know, 'Gus' is the obvious answer to that one).

Players are getting token run outs because the season is finished and the team were rubbish anyway. I don't agree with it but it's quite clearly the towel chucked. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

10 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

To say im livid with that team lineup would be an understatement. Deliberate sabotage 

It is as if that Paisley wanker and possibly Rae want us to be relegated tonight.

The only possible explanation for it is that MacPherson knows we're down anyway, knows he's out of a job and is giving a deliberate fuck you to the club on his way out the door.

38 year old central midfielder Chris Millar, who has made four appearances this season, the last of them in February and hasn't made a single matchday squad under MacPherson, at right back. Ledger and Hynes on the bench.

Blues again, with no Lyon or Colville again. He bombed Blues out the squad entirely for the Hearts, Arbroath and Alloa games then brings him back in from nowhere.

Salkeld literally hasn't played since a sub appearance in MacPherson's first game in charge. He's only made one squad since. Bombed out then thrown back in from nowhere for a game of this magnitude.

It can only be an act of deliberate sabotage. Even if this joke XI somehow scrapes shambles a way through this tie, MacPherson should be sacked tonight.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

What odds would you have got for that line-up? Looks like Gus picked the names out a hat and sat there with Millen, pissing themselves, knowing the reaction of the fans. Anyone would think we are set-up to protect a lead - I assume Gus knows we lost at the weekend? At least we finally have a keeper on the bench - Wylie!

You get the feeling that desperation has set in and Gus has thrown some shit at the wall in the hope that something sticks.

The barrel has been scraped to within an inch of its life

Archived