Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

Cammy Blues gives due consideration to going up for a header, decides better of it. Absolute impostor.

I realize I've said it 3-4 times but Fjortoft's been well and truly found out today. McGinty will be inhaling through his teeth watching this.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This second half has been as bad as anything in recent weeks. I haven't been as critical of Gus as some others, given what he's working with, but he's had weeks to get something resembling a performance out of the team and they're only going backwards. Thanks n'at but he needs to go as well.

A shot on target! Admittedly right at the 'keeper but man, a red letter day for us, two shots on target and one of them crossed the goal line. One to tell the grandkids about.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

This second half has been as bad as anything in recent weeks. I haven't been as critical of Gus as some others, given what he's working with, but he's had weeks to get something resembling a performance out of the team and they're only going backwards. Thanks n'at but he needs to go as well.

He shouldn't be thanked, he should have been sacked for that debacle against Inverness. If not, then sacked for the inexplicable failure against Alloa.

He should find his stuff strewn over Sinclair Street in the pishing rain on Monday and told not to darken our door again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Every single cunt out of contract gets released after Tuesday gus should have been emptied before this game and probably before arbroath after that utter cluster fk of a game against alloa. 

Complete fucking shambles fkn raging fkn embarrassing and deserve to be fkn relegated 

Got exactly what we deserved. Montrose comfortably the better team, it does help having a target man that knows where the back of the net is. Unless Montrose shit the bed on Tuesday and even this may not be enough given our lack of firepower, this season is effectively over.

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t even want to watch Tuesday, an absolute waste of time. If by some miracle we do turn it around we’ll get tanked in the final. 

I was saying the other day, now that the Raes are on the way out I'd be buying the stream. Don't think I'll bother now. I'd only be able to half-pay attention anyway due to being at work. I'll just wait for the inevitable 0-0 or 0-1 update on my phone instead.

EOho8Pw.png

Simply appalling 2nd half performance from the team and the manager. 

Difficult to imagine a more gutless, clueless surrender in what some might consider an important game. Frankly there is not one player who comes out of that with any credit and it's a disgrace that any of them claim to be professional footballers.

Gus has been shown up to be another useless has been and the sooner his brand of management is kicked into touch the better.

Fuckin pub team.

There's been a couple of times this season when Fjortoft just hasn't looked like a football player, this was one of them. 

I thought McGinn in particular was also really poor. He started ok when he came in, but he's looked more and more off the pace. Hopefully Lyon will be in for him midweek. 

All in all, a really poor team performance. We lost any control we had on the game and couldn't get the ball out from the back in any constructive way. 

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I was saying the other day, now that the Raes are on the way out I'd be buying the stream. Don't think I'll bother now. I'd only be able to half-pay attention anyway due to being at work. I'll just wait for the inevitable 0-0 or 0-1 update on my phone instead.

Aye likewise, I’ll try seek out the Pixelot cam but I’m not handing over another penny. The sooner the decks are cleared the better. 

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

It's the complete lack of unwillingness this squad has that makes it even more bitter. If they went down battling it wouldn't be as bad but they are devoid of any sort of fight. 

I remember earlier in the campaign some were complimentary about the attitude of the squad. The reality is when it came to the crunch the majority were not up for the fight and the only reward for their efforts is to be shown the door.

6 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

It's the complete lack of unwillingness this squad has that makes it even more bitter. If they went down battling it wouldn't be as bad but they are devoid of any sort of fight. 

I still remember that 3-2 win over Ayr at the end of last year. What spirit everyone showed in that game. It's ebbed away as the season's gone on.

EOho8Pw.png

Shower of useless cunts. A miracle needed for Tuesday as the aimless punting the ball up the park still doesn’t work. Whatever happens, Gus needs to go aswell. Continually playing McGinn alongside Jacobs is a joke when you have Colville and Lyon on the bench.

I thought we looked up for it first half but all over the place second half and deserved what we got. 

Archived