Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (Championship Playoff Semi Finals 8th/11th May)

Admin

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two centre mids are just there to break up play. No link between the defence and midfield so we're always going to rely on long balls that don't work with the forwards we've got.

Gus needs to mix things up in there and play with a three or drop one of Jacobs or McGinn. 

They've all been hopeless in possession - we could be setting a world record for the number of times one team has ran the ball out for a throw in - but Nesbitt's distribution has been especially dreadful.

Still MacPherson changes nothing.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

4 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Not one Morton player on that Park has a first touch.

Despite being paid to do nothing else all week, other than kick a ball about.

Stick everything from this season in a fucking fire, get these 'full-time' Herbalife salesmen out of the club once and for all. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

After our nice opening goal we've done absolutely nothing. Did we even take a shot? Fjortoft had that header over the bar but other than that, with the wind at our back did we even try to score again?

Then with the wind at their backs and the realization that we're nothing to worry about, Montrose are playing decent football, switching it nicely and - most importantly - getting it into the box and testing the 'keeper.

I said it months ago, we should be trying to get Petrie as our next manager.

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

Bin the lot of them. 

Fjortof had a chance to stake a claim to McGinty's spot this week and he's done so, in the sense that he's shown he's almost as bad. I'd wish him luck and let him go.

McAdams and Ledger haven't been awful.

2 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Get MacPherson out regardless. Same performance as the last two games and far too slow to make subs when it's clear we need them. 

And when he makes the subs it's clearly out of desperation.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

After our nice opening goal we've done absolutely nothing. Did we even take a shot? Fjortoft had that header over the bar but other than that, with the wind at our back did we even try to score again?

Then with the wind at their backs and the realization that we're nothing to worry about, Montrose are playing decent football, switching it nicely and - most importantly - getting it into the box and testing the 'keeper.

Fjortof had a chance to stake a claim to McGinty's spot this week and he's done so, in the sense that he's shown he's almost as bad. I'd wish him luck and let him go.

McAdams and Ledger haven't been awful.

And when he makes the subs it's clearly out of desperation.

Aye. It seems to me we start well then teams work us out and he can't do anything about. 

We are a disgracefully bad football team. When the last throw of the dice is fucking Blues & Muirhead what can you even say? We deserve relegated. That squad, the board and the clowns that have appeared in the dugout deserve complete failure - and they’ll get it on Tuesday.  

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

We are a disgracefully bad football team. When the last throw of the dice is fucking Blues & Muirhead what can you even say? We deserve relegated. That squad, the board and the clowns that have appeared in the dugout deserve complete failure - and they’ll get it on Tuesday.  

I can see us sneaking through to the final, where we'll get absolutely destroyed by Cove or Airdrie. 4 or 5-0 isn't out of the question.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Typical Gus. Gets the bonus of an early goal and then we do not look as if we are seriously looking to score again. 

People continually making a case to keep players after one half-decent game while forgetting a whole season of dross is madness and will only ensure next season is grim. The majority need to be shown the door and they need to take Gus with them.

All players who are not under contract should be emptied. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived