2020-21 Championship playoffs - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2020-21 Championship playoffs

TRVMP

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Whilst still resigned to relegation, the fact that neither Partick and especially not Falkirk can be the ones to relegate us is a relief.

The bottle job Falkirk have done though still deserves full laughter.

Full laughter is just not capturing the essence of what's happened here.

This is the biggest collapse in Scottish football history. This is worse than us in 2004. An absolute disaster of a month for Falkirk.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

This is the worst collapse in the history of Scottish football, considerably worse than us in 03/04 or Dundee in 09/10. They had a 16 point swing to Partick in just 8 games.

Montrose will be favourites and we're less likely to beat them than Falkirk, but this is objectively hilarious and we'll get smashed by Cove or Airdrie if we get through anyway.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

22 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

This is the worst collapse in the history of Scottish football, considerably worse than us in 03/04 or Dundee in 09/10. They had a 16 point swing to Partick in just 8 games.

Montrose will be favourites and we're less likely to beat them than Falkirk, but this is objectively hilarious and we'll get smashed by Cove or Airdrie if we get through anyway.

It's a mass defeat measure. It's the biggest collapse in Scottish football history! 160 points in one fell swoop, gone! Mass points loss on an unprecedented scale!

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It's a mass defeat measure. It's the biggest collapse in Scottish football history! 160 points in one fell swoop, gone! Mass points loss on an unprecedented scale!

Take your title challenge and rotate it 180 degrees in my favour.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

47 minutes ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Pie & Bovril bad gateway? Have we found Div's other team?

Back up now.

Edit - back down again.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

37 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Good news comes in 3's so 2 down Mon Eh Ton.

21 hours ago, vikingTON said:

You clearly haven't actually read the posts you've quoted because I've quite clearly set out why the problem is more significant in the Championship. Every single team from 5th downwards is already working on their team for next season, as are Partick.

Only Morton/whoever else wins the play-offs cannot do this until they are completed. And then we need to empty a regime, find a chief executive etc. before turning our attention to the first team. 

"Surely it's better to be in the league that attracts more revenue coming to Morton no matter what position we are in both on and off the park?"

Not if the revenue confers no advantage, given that the rest of the league also has access to it and isn't putting their backroom staff and first team together on the back of a fag packet at the end of June. 

"You have to start making improvements at some point no matter the league you're in and I would be really surprised if MCT haven't got all their ducks in a row and ready to hit the ground running as soon as the deal is signed. If not what have they been doing for the last year?"

Erm there has been absolutely zero guarantee of a deal for the last year: both of the dung options put forward just a few months ago were decisively rejected. Since then we've had yet another change of first team management, so who knows what ideas will still be valid?

This is not an 'improvement' project - this is a fundamental rebuild job and you are not going to get that done and put a competitive team together in a single close season. This is wishful thinking nonsense that will in all likelihood produce a 2013/14 style disaster in Year 1 of our brave new future. 

I think you'll find that those tasked with running Morton after the takeover are not in agreement with your assessment of the situation. 

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

18 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I think you'll find that those tasked with running Morton after the takeover are not in agreement with your assessment of the situation. 

Those tasked with running Morton before the takeover weren't either, and look at the rip-roaring cunt they made of things over the past twenty years. 

The new regime will get my goodwill but not deference to their all-seeing powers of foresight. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Those tasked with running Morton before the takeover weren't either, and look at the rip-roaring cunt they made of things over the past twenty years. 

The new regime will get my goodwill but not deference to their all-seeing powers of foresight. 

So from this and your previous posts can we take it you’ll be cheering on Morton’s opponents in the play-offs? Does this mean the outlay to appoint McPherson for the run-in was wasted cash, as we could’ve just accepted our lot of relegation?

Surely we have the defensive backbone of a team to which the new regime need to mainly add better attacking options. Dundee, Motherwell and Hearts couldn’t beat us recently so there is a foundation there to compete better in the Championship.

15 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

So from this and your previous posts can we take it you’ll be cheering on Morton’s opponents in the play-offs?

I won't be giving a toss whether we win the play-offs or not.

"Does this mean the outlay to appoint McPherson for the run-in was wasted cash, as we could’ve just accepted our lot of relegation?"

Given that the fitness coach ended up with a better points return than McPherson, you've got that the wrong way round.

It was certainly a waste now that we're in this play-off position - and the best interests of the club do not involve a gormless stay of execution for 12 months.

"Surely we have the defensive backbone of a team to which the new regime need to mainly add better attacking options. Dundee, Motherwell and Hearts couldn’t beat us recently so there is a foundation there to compete better in the Championship."

We also couldn't beat fucking relegated Alloa or register a single shot in target against Arbroath so the answer to that is 'no'.

A 'survived' Morton side will have the 7th-9th largest budget in next season's Championship (part-time Arbroath's budget stretching further) and a three week lag on all competitors, while also turning over the club behind the scenes. It is a recipe for a 13/14 style disaster that the club would never recover from. 

The Rae's tarnishing whatever is left of their legacy on their way out the door and focusing on a serious rebuild in the tier below is not that devastating blow at all, not even remotely. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived