2020-21 Championship playoffs - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2020-21 Championship playoffs

TRVMP

In the offchance that anyone's going to watch the humiliation to come, here's the playoff schedule:

15:00 Saturday 8 May - First Leg
Montrose vs. Morton
Cove Rangers vs. Airdrie

19:45 Tuesday 11 May - Second leg
Morton vs. Montrose
Airdrie vs. Cove Rangers

Never, ever forget the League One table:

image.png

Montrose will be no pushovers. And I expect either Airdrie or Cove to win in the final. But it is what it is.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

They'll need to get up early for the first 2 games

Ah, yes. I'm on Central US time. So add six hours to each of those. 3pm kickoff on the Saturday, probably 7pm on the Tuesday (but could move for TV.)

EOho8Pw.png

Just realised that integrity shite those lower league teams spout on about. Why are all teams not playing their final games at the same time. Ah theres an odd number. Although it doesnt look like happening there is the possibility of 2 teams playing out a draw in league 2 final matches to both reach the play offs while one teams sits in the house knowing their fucking Algeria

21 minutes ago, Ray Von said:

And because those cunts in league one got to change the league, to incorporate a split, the final play off game will be midweek, instead of a weekend day, which means I’ll miss our inevitable relegation.

I'm trying to figure out if you're putting that as a positive or a negative!

We could win 6-0 in all four legs and MacPherson would still deserve the sack. A fucking embarrassment of a manager at an embarrassment of a club, and if that fucking idiot ever wants to work in football again he should disclose the blackmail material the ex-Man United player had on him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Ditch the sitting midfielders and put 2 up front. Fuck knows who it will be though.

McAdams 

Hynes fjortoft ledger strapp 

Nesbitt Lyon Jacobs or mcginn colville 

Muirhead Oliver

Nesbitt doesn't deserve a start but I have no idea who else to put in the right .

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Montrose now winning 2-1 at Falkirk.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Airdrie winning also and pushing for 2nd. Falkirk's playoff participation on a shoogly peg.

Airdrie 2-0 up.

If they beat Falkirk next week, Montrose could displace Falkirk in the top 4 by beating Partick.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

falkirk goal disallowed, it gets better all the time.

Just now, TaunTon said:

falkirk goal disallowed, it gets better all the time.

All over now

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Falkirk's playoff participation on a shoogly peg.

8ba48969-c911-44e2-8b65-93f139b11703.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

2 2 Falkirk 

Must have been disallowed 

Chic Young, as usual, had no clue what was happening.

The only thing that can redeem this season in any way would be us being the ones to keep Falkirk down, securing our survival.

The thought of them sending us down though, despite how shite they are, gives me the boke.

Partick to lie down to Montrose to deny Falkirk the playoffs it is then.

5 hours ago, BishyTON said:

I would quite fancy us to beat Falkirk as they are playing so badly right now. The final is a completely different matter though.

It'd be trying to scrape an absolute shitfest 0-0 or 1-1 away result. If we concede first we're absolutely fucked.

edit: against Cove, I mean, but really it could apply to any team involved.

EOho8Pw.png

The basic issue with the team remains where do the goals come from.

We would have difficulty against any organised team in the SPFL never mind the top end of Div1. 

Archived