Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April) - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April)

Admin

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

When was this? Because the terms set out last week did not say 'oh btw this is all based on us being a Championship club' - for obvious reasons. 

I asked three questions on Twitter. First was about financials and confirmed they are based on Championship football, the second was whether or not any 'Patrons' announced and finally why if youth is the future did Gus last week have McGinty not Strapp at LB, Lyon sitting on the bench and Hynes coming on as a sub for a forward (they are the youth players bigged up in the document)?

7 minutes ago, bigB said:

MCT better not even think of giving McPherson a contract for next season.

If I remember rightly they pushed for his appointment. It made sense at the time.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The thought of handing over more money to watch us against even worse teams is something alright. 

People have being handing over the best part of £15 to watch us register zero shots on target on a regular basis via a fucking stream all season. Are you seriously suggesting that is fine but actually going to a football game in a league that we have been in and out of before is the last straw, because it isnae Hearts or Dundee running over the top of us is the final straw?

Put your dummy tit back in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, HamCam said:

I asked three questions on Twitter. First was about financials and confirmed they are based on Championship football, the second was whether or not any 'Patrons' announced and finally why if youth is the future did Gus last week have McGinty not Strapp at LB, Lyon sitting on the bench and Hynes coming on as a sub for a forward (they are the youth players bigged up in the document)?

If I remember rightly they pushed for his appointment. It made sense at the time.

What was the answer to the other two questions?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Nicky Lowe ...fair play...and as he said no goalscorer....stating the obvious but looked 1 of the best players on the park tonight. Not done at this level by any means imho

We ended up with nobody on the park who could cross the ball the ball into the box when both nesbitt and mcguffie went off...and finally throwing Marcus up for who to deliver crosses....Gus is a sham of a manager. God only knows where we go next but McPhersons jotters are already signed imho 

People have being handing over the best part of £15 to watch us register zero shots on target on a regular basis via a fucking stream all season. Are you seriously suggesting that is fine but actually going to a football game in a league that we have been in and out of before is the last straw, because it isnae Hearts or Dundee running over the top of us is the final straw?

Put your dummy tit back in. 

I meant paying for the playoffs, champ. 

7 minutes ago, bigB said:

Crawford Rae your father will be turning in his grave for what you have turned this club into ya W--K.

We were relegated in even worse fashion whilst Dougie was still in charge. 

2 minutes ago, HamCam said:

I asked three questions on Twitter. First was about financials and confirmed they are based on Championship football, 

Yeah I'm not really in the business of parsing your social media feed with some token club figurehead when a copy of the document was sent out last week. It quite literally states that the next step will be to put a budget together for 21/22 regardless of our league position and a 3-4 year timeframe for break-even. There is absolutely nothing then to suggest that they are depending on Championship football to put the show on the road. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There was a few out of contract players i wouldve wanted to keep for next season, but see after these last 2 games anyone out of contract can get to fuck IMO.

Its an absolute disgrace that u cant beat a part time team at home, that's already relegated and then fail to score (or even hit the target) against fucking arbroath (another part time team btw), when its the most important game of the whole season.

Personally i dont want to be paying the wages of guys that dont deserve it after the epic shambles this season has been and the frankly pathetic performances we've seen for the majority of the season.

Cunts.

Yeah I'm not really in the business of parsing your social media feed with some token club figurehead when a copy of the document was sent out last week. It quite literally states that the next step will be to put a budget together for 21/22 regardless of our league position and a 3-4 year timeframe for break-even. There is absolutely nothing then to suggest that they are depending on Championship football to put the show on the road. 

Put your dummy back in champ. As requested by the SLO on his feed, I asked some questions and received a reply. 

The thing that irks me the most is that 🤬 Hopkin will sleep soundly tonight, after sewing the seeds of our demise. Gus proved that he’s a washed-up dinosaur of a manager, but I’m sure he’ll never have to buy a pint in Paisley, along with his buddies. I place no blame at Anton’s door, although his recruitments were rank. He proved that a fitness coach could do the job of two so-called managers.

54 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Alas the MCT financials were predicated on Championship football. Apparently there is a worst case scenario seaside league option but can you imagine what that involves?

These two statements are contradictory. Either they've budgeted on the Championship or they've budgeted with variance for the division allowed. In fact the latter of these two is true.

The latest community ownership document spells out that they have numerous budgets in mind, but each one is conservative:

MCT Community Ownership (wordpress.com)

Obviously you can put as much faith in it as you choose but I get the feeling that the days of budgeting for crowds of 4,000 and top-five finishes are well and truly over.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Personally I would tell Rae to stick the club up his arse. Good luck selling it on.

Hand it over for nothing 

JB

33 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Agreed.  

I'm also still a fan of this position.

On that subject, I meant to bring this up in the MCT thread but fuck it, I'll put it here. From the community ownership document from earlier this week, check out this absolute fucking pearler:

image.png

That's right: MCT had to play the naughty schoolboy and do homework for Crawford Rae and Nick Robinson on financially managing a football club.

Apparently the next big litmus test is getting a Disclosure Scotland clearance from Peter Tobin.

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

These two statements are contradictory. Either they've budgeted on the Championship or they've budgeted with variance for the division allowed. In fact the latter of these two is true.

The latest community ownership document spells out that they have numerous budgets in mind, but each one is conservative:

MCT Community Ownership (wordpress.com)

Obviously you can put as much faith in it as you choose but I get the feeling that the days of budgeting for crowds of 4,000 and top-five finishes are well and truly over.

You are correct - it was poorly phrased. I understand the underlying assumption was Championship football but MCT believe/hope they can sustain the club if relegated this season. Dropping a division is going to make life much harder for MCT.

Archived