Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April) - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April)

Admin

Beginning to wonder if Hopkin built that squad on purpose knowing that we would struggle and end up relegated. Then his mates could take over the club on the cheap.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I get the point of a rebuild being more difficult at this level but more than 1 season at League 1 level could be curtains/Clyde. 

Based on what? The Rae's Walter Mitty claim to be spending £900k a year on maintenance that their fluffers used to peddle?

If we need to reduce budgets to meet our income then we can start by stop paying a core of donkey 20 and 30-somethings to do literally nothing other than kick a ball around all week, while churning this season's muck out as an outcome. How many of our players tonight and throughout the run-in could be relied on to trap a ball, or play a simple pass, or get past a fucking defender, or finish from two yards out? What has been the benefit then of this so-called professional training setup? Absolutely nothing to the naked eye. 

Run with a core of young players who might actually develop with additional work and tell the rest of the squad that we build next season to get themselves a job outside football as well. This policy of scrounging for full-time players desperate for the last stint before taking the Kelty coin is totally discredited. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

7 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Alas the MCT financials were predicated on Championship football. Apparently there is a worst case scenario seaside league option but can you imagine what that involves?

Were they? What evidence do you have for this? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

For me htf can you win a game when the forward you play drops short to retain the ball and you have absolutely no cunt making runs beyond him from midfield.

It beggars belief in a game you almost certainly had to win you play 2 defensive midfielders.

I fear and expect the worst!!!

Though thank the lord we'll have the back 4vin place we shoulda had a long long time ago!!!!

Gus said was a red but also didn't admit we had no runners from our central positions into the box...see ya scouting next season ya tool!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Beginning to wonder if Hopkin built that squad on purpose knowing that we would struggle and end up relegated. Then his mates could take over the club on the cheap.

I think he’s just an idiot tbh. 

7 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Gus has been a disaster since coming in but let’s be honest Hopkin is the one that utterly fucked us this season. That squad man! One keeper for the majority of the season and no balance to it. 

The most effective manager that we've had this season (so far - McPherson ought to get his jotters tomorrow) is a fitness coach. 

Just now, HamCam said:

As I am not a member of MCT I asked the SLO who confirmed the position. 

When was this? Because the terms set out last week did not say 'oh btw this is all based on us being a Championship club' - for obvious reasons. 

Antons Point per game average was 1.15 while having hard games away to hearts, ict and an unbeaten at the time dunfermline.

Mcphersons Point per game was 0.875 while having 2 dead rubber home ties.

Averages suggests we would have stayed up under anton. Who produced our best footballing displays of season at tynecastle and Inverness.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

The whole club from top to bottom is a fkn shambles special mention to the raes in particular Crawford and also David hoppy hopkin pair of absolute fkn charlatans.

The fkn team where to start unbalanced definitely but fk me 11 guys should be able to at least compete. Shocking to put it politely. 

Mcpherson showed the square roof of fk all both at picking and changing a game so should be fired already 

Archived