Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Arbroath vs Morton (Championship 30th April)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

f068c2f8-b940-4555-97d4-1e9adb07be39.JPG

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum launches on June 1st!

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling to remember being this nervous before a game, even in the JJ year. Despite pretty much already being convinced we’re doomed the thought of it playing out this evening is a particularly grim one. 

49 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

That's actually not bad. Feels like more of a season review than a 'one last push' video but I think it's really well done and a good message.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, capitanus said:

If we are so fucking brilliant then why are we in a relegation dogfight?  There's talking shite and there's talking up shite.

They're hardly going to come out and say "aye we're hopeless". I think they struck a decent balance between admitting it's been a disappointing campaign and still finding some positives in it, notably in the players' commitment. And the overall message - that it's still in our hands - is 100% right.

Hopefully the players are being forced to watch this on repeat right now like in A Clockwork Orange.

EOho8Pw.png

Toby's preview was good. If there's one, and there may literally be only ONE, attribute you can't fault Morton for in the last 13 odd years, it's been our bottle in end of season deciders. 

That's about the only reason for optimism I have. 

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

They're hardly going to come out and say "aye we're hopeless". I think they struck a decent balance between admitting it's been a disappointing campaign and still finding some positives in it, notably in the players' commitment. And the overall message - that it's still in our hands - is 100% right.

Hopefully the players are being forced to watch this on repeat right now like in A Clockwork Orange.

Also, these fannybaws players pretending to smoke cigars, they look like dicks.  Especially considering their current league position.

*insert signature here*

According to McPherson's paper interview the players have a 'sense of injustice' about the Alloa result, which for some inexplicable reason he hasn't thoroughly bollocked out of them and replaced with a sense of inadequacy and a sense of job insecurity if they do not buck up their performance levels and get a proper result. I am sick to the back teeth of seeing this deluded groupthink spilling out of the club, when the first team has been fucking honking in terms of quality all season long. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived