Article - A Blast From The Past... - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Article - A Blast From The Past...

Admin

I knew before I clicked it what the 'match of the day' was going to be. Honestly one of my favorite all-time Morton games, easily in my top five. The atmosphere was so good, the team played amazingly well, all our goals were superb in their own way. I know Finlayson's was the pick of the bunch but it's Wake's opener that I can see in my mind's eye whenever I remember that game. As soon as that went in, and Thistle missed that one-on-one at the other end, there was not a single shred of doubt in my mind that we were staying up.

Great read!

EOho8Pw.png

As Samson berated referee Chrlie Richmond for allowing the goal, perhaps he'd have been better targeting his frustration at his teammate, Dean Matthew Keenan, who did his goalkeeper no favours whatsoever.

See the source image

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Ahead of Friday night's do-or-die clash with Arbroath at Gayfield, our very own Russell Gordon takes a moment to reflect back on Morton's past successes in relegation shootouts.  

That's one way to look upon it, the other is our luck is bound to run out at some point.

*insert signature here*

Archived