POTY - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

POTY

Mortonmark

McAdams has some weaknesses which have become more obvious as the season has progressed, but considering that he only turned 22 last month and this is his first season at this level I think he's done really well. He could have a very decent career if he continues to improve. Well done to him.

Ledger has improved as the season has progressed, and has arguably been the steadiest player throughout (if certainly a bit unspectacular in an attacking sense at full back, to put it lightly).

Strapp has disappointed after looking like an early (very early) candidate. Jacobs has done his job well enough when he's played (along with ledger, probably the only steady performer outfield).

There isn't an attacking player who has offered enough. Nesbitt has had moments, and if he had finished all his sitters we wouldn't be in such a dire position, but he'll continue to slip down the levels of he doesn't improve his final product. McGuffie has had moments, but you can see why he's never been a regular starter anywhere.

McAdams, Ledger, and perhaps Jacobs were the only obvious candidates, and that speaks volumes about our squad. 

Can’t say I was at all confident about McAdams when he arrived given his lack of first team experience and cause he was our only keeper but he’s absolutely smashed it this year. Well deserved for all 3, wouldn’t have complained about Ledger getting something too as he was so consistent too, even out of his natural position 

McGuffie vs Dundee got Goal of the season & Brian from Morton in the Community picked up a special recognition award… great interview with Jim too  

I’ve read a few posts during the season mentioning that we were a competent striker away from mid-table safety/possible top-four contention, but I’d hate to think where we’d be without McAdams between the sticks.

Given we haven’t had a backup on the bench for the majority of the season, a revolving cast of clown managers and coaches, and that diddy McGinty playing in front of him, I’d be surprised if he’s here for next year’s awards.

Archived