Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Alloa (Championship 24th April) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Alloa (Championship 24th April)

Admin

3 minutes ago, JLTON said:

Cant see us beating arbroath away. Gonna need to hope ICT beat ayr n we somehow shitfest a draw. deplorable set of circumstances 

Spot on. We've had all the chances in the world to be safe by now, and we're now in a hugely difficult position, where our most likely salvation lies in the hands of a bunch of Highlanders. Joke of a campaign.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you even start with that.

Orsi absolutely hopeless probably gas cost us 4 points over the last 2 games if he starts on Friday we may aswell accept 9th there and then.

Put strapp at LB and leave McGinty out, McGinty is an absolute liability regardless of were he plays on the park i do not understand why we are hampering ourselves by playing a LB at LM and CB at LB.

Leaving Lyon and Colville on the bench for the entire 90 mins today was a sackable offensive in its own rights.  Colville is one of our most technically gifted players and I would have him on the park for set plays alone as nesbitts have been shocking for months.

Its all setup for a 5 4 1 on Friday and shitfesting  nil nil hoping that Ayr lose to ICT who I think now have nothing to play for.

Embarrassing all round performance today and now they have a cheek to hold a feel good player of the year award show that we are supposed to pay for tomorrow, good luck with that.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Absolute fucking disgrace. No spine at all, Gus can get himself so far to fuck. If we go down, I cant see us coming back quickly. Whole club has gone to shit and its all on Crawford Rae the rat bastard

That team selection was appalling. Lyon and Colville on the bench was a big clue that Mcpherson is an idiot. Btw am I the only one who thinks Mcginn is not an upgrade?

We need at least a point next week (if Ayr lose) but three to guarantee not finishing ninth. This has been a horrendous season and it’s almost entirely due to Hopkin being clueless.

Why do we aim crosses straight at the opposing keeper all the time? Should be aiming more towards the penalty spot. Made it easy for Parry today.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Just now, so72 said:

Absolute fucking disgrace. No spine at all, Gus can get himself so far to fuck. If we go down, I cant see us coming back quickly. Whole club has gone to shit and its all on Crawford Rae the rat bastard

Not true. It's also down to 'Hoppy' whose utterly abysmal transfer strategy left us up shite creek with 18 midfielders and no competent centre forward. It's also down to the current manager who had two entirely winnable, crucial home games and took one point from them. And it's also down to the other board members who, by not resigning in protest at Golden Casket's shitshow during the middle of the season, have condoned and allowed it to tick along. 

There's more than enough responsibility to go round.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, vikingTON said:

Not true. It's also down to 'Hoppy' whose utterly abysmal transfer strategy left us up shite creek with 18 midfielders and no competent centre forward. It's also down to the current manager who had two entirely winnable, crucial home games and took one point from them. And it's also down to the other board members who, by not resigning in protest at Golden Casket's shitshow during the middle of the season, have condoned and allowed it to tick along. 

There's more than enough responsibility to go round.

Yeah fine, not disagreeing. Rae was at the helm though, allowing Hopkin to assemble a fucking horrible squad then meandering on with a sports scientist before appointing a clueless fuck who has managed nobody of any meaning this decade. But agreed, Hopkin, Gus, Dave and the rest can share the blame. No matter if we stay up or not, this whole club needs rinsed in the summer.

NB: The 'bring on a ringer as a third sub' pattern is making me suspicious that our custodians are yet again meddling behind the scenes. We've already had them refusing to start players because of future contract commitments: is it too much to suggest that they might be trying to limit the expenses of a bloated squad?

The alternative that McPherson is just an imbecile is not being ruled out, but the complete lack of any logic to the final change made raises more questions. We've had plenty of dung managers but you can usually see why they're making a decision; this is something else entirely. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

NB: The 'bring on a ringer as a third sub' pattern is making me suspicious that our custodians are yet again meddling behind the scenes. We've already had them refusing to start players because of future contract commitments: is it too much to suggest that they might be trying to limit the expenses of a bloated squad?

The alternative that McPherson is just an imbecile is not being ruled out, but the complete lack of any logic to the final change made raises more questions. We've had plenty of dung managers but you can usually see why they're making a decision; this is something else entirely. 

I raised this - jokingly - as a conspiracy theory last week. This was when Easdale came on ahead of a more recognizable figure.

For what it's worth I don't think it's true. I think at this point they know their interests are best served by Morton's staying up. And I highly doubt there's anyone with a renewal clause that's about to activate, not after last time. I think Gus just likes the cut of the younger guys' jib.

At least I bloody well hope so.

EOho8Pw.png

For a supposed must win game every aspect from the line-up to the tactics to the substitutions was baffling. I have no idea what Gus is trying to achieve other than ensuring he never gets another gig in professional football.

Having to go to Arbroath and get a result is a huge ask especially if we continue to allow Orsi to masquerade as a footballer and McGinty retains the captain's armband. I accept the options in this over-inflated unbalanced squad are extremely limited but surely playing the 'best' players in their 'best' positions would be a start.

At least we have the PoY Awards Ceremony to look forward to - the likely brassneck of most of the squad appearing online laughing and joking as we head to the seaside leagues is sickening and typically Morton.

Been some positives under McPherson and found of progress in the last couple of games but any idea that he could be capable of turning our fortunes around was well and truly ruled out by a criminally poor line-up, approach and set of changes today...and it’s not the first time he’s done that.

Absolute pish all round, a win at Arbroath looks extremely improbable and our fate will be no less than deserved when it’s finally sealed.

The Raes have wilfully sabotaged the club at every turn and sit at the depths of the club‘s history alongside Hugh Scott. If only fans were allowed in to games.

AWMSC

Another disjointed lacklustre performance in a game that was must win.

No real creativity shown by anyone and if their had been, no one player capable of taking advantage. No serious change in strategy or tactics and the usual lack of meaningful subs.

Effort and commitment are not the issue but the quality and leadership on the park are pretty woeful.

It's probably not fair to judge Gus based on the squad of toothless forwards he inherited, but it's fair to say he has not managed to significantly improve players he has.

Last chance saloon now moves to Arbroath where the thought of being second best to Uncle Festers is too painful to contemplate.

What does McGinn bring to the party ?

He doesn’t win loads of tackles, he doesn’t drive forward , he gives the ball away very cheaply , puts us in danger with pass backs , doesn’t look like scoring, doesn’t create chances  and just kind of strolls about.

Let's rock !

36 minutes ago, HamCam said:

At least we have the PoY Awards Ceremony to look forward to - the likely brassneck of most of the squad appearing online laughing and joking as we head to the seaside leagues is sickening and typically Morton.

Not going to lie, I am even more angry that they will go ahead with that than I am about today's result.

9 minutes ago, standman said:

What does McGinn bring to the party ?

He doesn’t win loads of tackles, he doesn’t drive forward , he gives the ball away very cheaply , puts us in danger with pass backs , doesn’t look like scoring, doesn’t create chances  and just kind of strolls about.

My thoughts exactly. He is keeping Lyon or Colville or both out the team, but he isn’t exactly bossing games.

Had we signed Jack Hamilton, who went to Arbroath so not exactly way above our level, we would be safe by now. Instead we got Sterling.

I’d keep Macadams, Ledger, Fjortoft, Strapp, Colville and Lyon. Hynes might have something to offer, and McGuffie. The rest are just not good enough. However the problem is not really the individual players we do have - it’s the total lack of a competent out and out striker, and the substandard team selection.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not going to lie, I am even more angry that they will go ahead with that than I am about today's result.

Orsi can dress up as Cappie, and they can all have a good laugh and joke at our expense.

Anyone who paid a fiver to watch that deserves to be laughed at.

Gus absolutely shat it going with Jacobs and McGinn at CM and Strapp on the left. He’s never dropping McGinty unfortunately so it should have been McGuffie on the left and a Lyon/Colville alongside Jacobs. 

Oliver should be starting up top, our most intelligent striker and he can actually hold the ball up. 

Looking for a hero on Friday night but if we can’t go and beat that mob today then we probably deserve to be finishing 9th. Holding out hope for Hoppy doing a Hoppy and we somehow get something up at Arbroath 🤞🏻

Archived