Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Alloa (Championship 24th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Alloa (Championship 24th April)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win and we should be fine; don't and we deserve to be relegated anyway. There's no tension involved either way, it is a straightforward acid test.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah but what if you don't want relegation? Then there's tension.

While a little rebuilding job in League One might not be the worst thing in the universe, I'd rather MCT get a first season with a prospect of decent prize money.

EOho8Pw.png

11 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah but what if you don't want relegation? Then there's tension.

While a little rebuilding job in League One might not be the worst thing in the universe, I'd rather MCT get a first season with a prospect of decent prize money.

I suspect that we're circling around the drain in the short term (though not in the long term if we replace the Raes with a set of sentient and non-malevolent owners) but if the team does not stay out of trouble from this position then we have absolutely no right to be in the division anyway. We're not facing two games against promotion chasing sides: these are pre-play-off games against League One/lower Championship standard opposition. If we aren't getting the points needed then it's absolutely time to go down, break it up, get the Raes out and start again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Relegation is inevitable anyway- it’s just a matter of when and not if, with the way this shit show has been run in recent times.

Our regular station in the Scottish game will become League One, with the odd visit to League Two to spice things up.

52 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I maintain that if we go down it'd be better to let the Raes dig themselves out of the hole they've dug.

Good luck waiting on that finally happening in the 2050s. 

I expect on the balance of probabilities the current squad to do enough from here to avoid that fate, but if they don't then there's little real tension involved. It's not like the Hearts game where you don't know what to expect from the opponent and so what result is acceptable. I don't expect Alloa to roll over by any means at all but the required result from our point of view is perfectly fucking obvious. 

There isn't the added tension of having fans there to make a difference either way either; it's been a stupid wee campaign, watched through a bunch of video streams throughout.

Hopefully a win tomorrow will put us in a strong position, but that's going to come down to the quality of the current first team and no other factors. They're either good enough to merit playing at this level or they're not. There's nothing else to this sanitised campaign. 

Time to actually try and win a football game for once. To do that we need to play out strongest team in their proper positions. 

McAdams 

Ledger fjortoft McLean strapp 

Mcginn. Jacobs 

Nesbitt. Lyon.  Mcguffie. 

Oliver 

McGinty will be in there probably at left back. We may also see hynes back in for his attacking threat. 

Fuck you David Hopkin for building such an an unbalanced load of shite. For so long he spoke about budgets but if he didn't spunk it all away on utility players and wingers we'd probably be safe by now.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

8 hours ago, Toby said:

Relegation is inevitable anyway- it’s just a matter of when and not if, with the way this shit show has been run in recent times.

Our regular station in the Scottish game will become League One, with the odd visit to League Two to spice things up.

Terrifying thought, but fair.

Hope we don’t end playing at home in a soulless one-sided stadium.

Anyway - can the team just try shooting today for a change?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

The notion of the rae's digging us out of a hole in Div 1 is fanciful at best. They've been digging our grave for years and I doubt that will change.

Much prefer to be competing in the Championship with a new team running the show but ultimately that will depend on what Gus and the boys do over the next two games (be nice if Queens do us a favour). If we go down so be it. It's not as if relegation and us are strangers.

However getting the rae's out the door will feel like promotion

Two up front today.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Oh FFS Orsi.

For the love of god, just win. 

1 minute ago, ChampTon said:

Anyone else's stream being a bit iffy so far? I've got solid Internet speeds. 

Aye having a few difficulties with mine which is never normally the case. Might be busier than usual. 

Archived