Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 20th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hearts (Championship 20th April)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put Strapp in for McGinty, but fully expecting the same team as Friday here. A similar performance would give us a great chance of a result, while hopefully Hearts have downed tools and aren't giving a shit despite the pressure on Neilson.

If we're making attacking subs to chase the game at some point then I'd like to see Oliver playing off Muirhead or Colville replacing one of Jacobs/McGinn to give the midfield a more attacking shape. If we're holding on to what we've got I'd want Oliver replacing Muirhead to give us an outball who can hold the ball up and take some pressure off.

In other words, there are no grounds for putting Orsi on regardless of context. You'd hope McGrattan will be ahead of Blues in the pecking order now as well, so we've got more credible options from the bench rather than inevitably having a drop off in performance when the subs come on.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We’ve got enough to take something from this, regardless of what kind of Hearts performance we get. They’ll either have downed tools entirely or will end up looking better without any pressure, but we can certainly get at least a point from it and set ourselves up for Saturday. I think it’ll be pretty much the same team as Friday too, McGinty’s going nowhere. 

Was hopeful of getting something tonight until i seen that line up.

Understand keeping the same back 4 and middle 3 but Oliver is a much better option through the middle and I'm not sure i like the idea of Strapp as a winger over a natural winger like McGuffie who has shown he can score in big games.  Unless of course its a back 5 again and Gerry is wrong. 

Strong Hearts team, Same 11 which put 6 past Alloa.

Archived