Match Preview/Thread - Dundee vs Morton (Championship 10th April) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee vs Morton (Championship 10th April)

Admin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Draws right across the board. Right back where we started.

Not a dreadful performance nor a result in isolation, but Arbroath's fightback bodes ill for us.

The Little People are the ones to watch. 

Would have taken a draw before kick-off and results elsewhere have not done us any harm. Credit to the squad for bouncing back from the heavy defeat midweek.

If we cannot take at least 5 points from Hearts (h) who have nothing to play for, Alloa (h) who will likely be already relegated and the Arbroath game then we simply don't deserve to stay in the division. Our fate is well within our own hands, which might not have been the case with a different set of results today. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

16 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Harsh, the boy took his opportunity end of.

Yes he did but what were we doing in the build-up? When they brought on the big boys up front we got bullied and ended up hanging on for a draw. In isolation a good point but once again we cannot keep a clean sheet. To me we are spineless.

21 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Useless round of fixtures.

Would have been a decent point if ayr or Arbroath lost but this keeps us in 9th on goal difference 

Ayr have dropped an easily winnable home match; we've dropped one of the tougher away games. Dundee were in pretty strong form; Dunfermline have been sliding for months.

It's categorically a worse set of results for Ayr and raises the stakes ahead of their match at Arbroath next Saturday. If they lose that, then they're favourites for 9th. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

56 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Would have taken a draw before kick-off and results elsewhere have not done is any harm. Credit to the squad for bouncing back from the heavy defeat midweek.

If we cannot take at least 5 points from Hearts (h) who have nothing to play for, Alloa (h) who will likely be already relegated and the Arbroath game then we don't deserve to stay in the division. Our fate is well within our own hands, which might not have been the case with a different set of results today. 

Definitely. It's very much still in our hands, and our most realistic six points still await us.

EOho8Pw.png

Our next 2 games should be against teams with nothing to play for whereas both Ayr and Arbroath don't have that luxury. Hoping that gives us some sort of advantage.

Arbroath v Ayr next week should be interesting.

It's objectively a good result and I went into yesterday just hoping we wouldn't lose ground on Ayr or Arbroath, but the way the day played out it's hard not to feel that we should be sitting 7th now.

You just have to hope that Hearts are going to completely down tools now the league's won. They've only won three in nine and we have to look at it as an opportunity to take something.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

31 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

It's objectively a good result and I went into yesterday just hoping we wouldn't lose ground on Ayr or Arbroath, but the way the day played out it's hard not to feel that we should be sitting 7th now.

You just have to hope that Hearts are going to completely down tools now the league's won. They've only won three in nine and we have to look at it as an opportunity to take something.

I've always worried about this. Hearts who have been pretty chronic for weeks now have no pressure on them while Alloa and Arbroath have proved to be able to make life very difficult for our lacklustre forward line. Whatever happens we really need to be competing for every ball and avoiding our trademark defensive lapses.

21 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Would have taken a draw before kick-off and results elsewhere have not done us any harm. Credit to the squad for bouncing back from the heavy defeat midweek.

If we cannot take at least 5 points from Hearts (h) who have nothing to play for, Alloa (h) who will likely be already relegated and the Arbroath game then we simply don't deserve to stay in the division. Our fate is well within our own hands, which might not have been the case with a different set of results today. 

I hope you’re right, though 5 points from 3 games would require a transformation from averaging one point per match to a points ratio bettered only by Hearts. 

Archived