Match Preview/Thread - Dundee vs Morton (Championship 10th April) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee vs Morton (Championship 10th April)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Gus changing formation so... 

Mcadams

Mclean.  Ledger.  Fjortoft 

Hynes   Jacobs. Mcginn. Strapp

Lyon

Oliver  Muirhead 

Arguing with myself whether to play mcguffie or Muirhead up top with Oliver. Latter gets the nod being the form striker🙈. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'd have kept Hynes in with Ledger staying at centre back and Fjortoft replacing McGinty, and would have had Oliver ahead of Nesbitt as well, but happy to see us going with something closer to a conventional 3-5-2 rather than the 3-4-3 type effort we've had lately. Hopefully gives us the platform to compete properly in midfield.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Ayr 0-1 Pars (McManus)

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

6 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Ayr 0-1 Pars (McManus)

Never had a bad word to say about him.

Hard to define when you're not there to get a proper look at players off the ball, but this looks as if we're 4-4-1-1 in possession and 5-3-1-1 out of it? Strapp moving up to left mid and McGinty out to left back when we have the ball, with Nesbitt on the right and Colville the player off Muirhead, then Strapp dropping back and McGinty tucking in when they attack?

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Raith 2-0 up on Arbroath.

Edit: 2-1 now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived