Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (6th April) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (6th April)

Admin

I think tonight probably finishes Gus's hope to be around after this season finishes. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes would not be giving half this team a regular game.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 Dundee.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Just now, TaunTon said:

I think tonight probably finishes Gus's hope to be around after this season finishes. Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes would not be giving half this team a regular game.

Not sure I agree with this. It's not like in most positions he has a huge number of options.

Taking off Muirhead was pretty mystifying, right enough.

EOho8Pw.png

Even if we clamber out of this, results like this, the display on Saturday and some wild selection decisions/subs means it's a 'nope' on McPherson's audition for the manager's post from me. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Not sure I agree with this. It's not like in most positions he has a huge number of options.

He has an option of not playing three central defenders, which would allow McGinty to no longer play for the club again. 

He has the option to move Orsi to the blind commentator's cupboard that 'James Wallace' made his own in his pointless spell at the club, instead of wasting everybody's time with that substitution.

A firefighting manager has to do the best with the hand that they're given: there simply isn't a case to be made for that any more. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

I was expecting a manager like Gus to get back to basics like organized defending, picking your best team, knowing when and who to change etc. Sadly his influence is no more than Hopkin and Anton. 

The repeated use of a formation that has largely been ineffective hasn't enhanced his claim for the job.

Taking a centre back off made sense (although as discussed at length Ledger was obviously the wrong one to take off) but putting another forward on was daft. We clearly needed another body in midfield, instead we ended up playing a 4-3-3 with three centre forwards and Nesbitt and Colville in the middle three. No surprise that we lost our ascendancy and were taken apart.

Lyon for McGinty was the obvious change, although you could have argued for McGuffie. Even with the decision to put another forward on, Orsi is in the Blues and McGinty category; having had chance after chance and consistently been utterly hopeless, none of them should play another minute for the club.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'm not necessarily defending him. I'd hope that after tonight he'll ring the changes in defence at least.

I hope you're right Nacho but I fear that his haddie alert meter is well and truly bust.

That was a horror show. It’d honestly feel like a bit of an injustice at this point if we weren’t relegated given the circus this season has been, mainly self-inflicted. We are atrociously bad. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Time for the tough decisions. We need to find our fourth manager of the season.

Dead cat bounce a win on Saturday and make sure that we have a fifth lined up to do the same against Arbroath. 

After some positive signs against QotS and Dunfermline, the performance level has fallen off a cliff. The performances on Saturday and tonight are very worrying. As a team it's not quite clicking, individually it has been abhorrent. Errors all over the place. 

I have to say, my optimism about scraping to 8th is disappearing fast. I actually felt like a draw tonight would have been ok - we didn't get close to even that. 

Where to start with another shambolic performance?

-Any line-up with McGinty in it, is doomed to fail? 

- Muirhead is now prolific having scored two in two and his reward - immediate substitution for Orsi/Sterling.

- Every one of our January signings have been an utter waste of a strip. The farce of signing a second keeper who cannot even make the bench is typical of Morton.

- For an experienced manager Gus is not an obvious improvement on what has gone before? The double substitution had an immediate effect ensuring we were toothless up front and never looked like scoring.

- For all Gerry and opposition fans get excited at Nisbett and Oliver, their combined impact in the final third of the pitch is virtually negligible. 

- I do wonder what we do at training when we seem unable to find a team-mate with a cross or corner. 

- The ginger one cannot be forgotten having chosen to assemble a squad focussing on quantity over quality.

As I stated on another thread, the majority of this squad are more than welcome to move on next season.

Archived