Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (6th April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Inverness (6th April)

Admin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know ICT are full-time as well but seriously, what's the point in having a full-time playing staff if they're huffing and puffing against East Fife and giving away such stupid, poorly-organized goals?

EOho8Pw.png

Stunned at how quickly that half turned on such a crazy rush of blood moment from McGinn, followed by a mental decision from McAdams to pick up the ball. We just absolutely collapsed after a very even opening 30-35 minutes.

I see no way back into this one now. Hoping for a Dundee win over Ayr to at least keep things as they were before the game.

5 at the back has to go it hasn't worked since it took QOTS by surprise. We are back playing the way we were under hopkin.

Get the fraud of a captain off the park he is incapable of doing anything productive and is prone to stupid mistakes and giving the ball away.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

It's just a question of how many here.

We were the better team for 35 minutes, then conceded our worst goal of the season so far and now we've collapsed. The first one is utter nonsense but the second is appalling as well - if McGinty had bothered his arse to get within three yards of his man at any point that wouldn't have happened.

I see the logic of having three centre backs to tighten things up when you're weak defensively. There's absolutely no point in doing that when one of them is McGinty, because he's a guaranteed goal for your opposition every week. He should be on Todorov for the second, the MacKay chance on the counter attack only happens because he has no idea what's going on and allows him to get yards away from him. That follows up being directly responsible for both ICT goals at Cappielow in the earlier season. He'd be out of his depth in League One, and playing him every week is a significant factor in us being favourites to end up there.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Andy Ritchie is a moron. Honestly about to throw my remote control through the telly listening to him greeting about this passback. 

To be fair, it's an event/decision that hasn't cropped up since Louis Thow disgraced the whistlers' ranks.

As for the game - this could be the one that proves most costly.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

7 minutes ago, bigB said:

You pay peanuts this is what you get.

The chickens are well and truly coming home to roost for the decision not to fund the club professionally, the one that resulted in Hopkin leaving.

Not that we'd necessarily be in better shape with him still about, of course. But he was allowed to build a huge squad, then essentially told to dismantle it, then Anton put in charge, then a panic signing for the dugout... it's been the most complete encapsulation of the Rae era to date. Capricious spending, capricious cuts, no plans longer than five minutes in advance, complete lack of strategy, and ultimately a regression to a shitey mean.

EOho8Pw.png

This is what you get for a) fannying about with the game on Saturday in true Morton style instead of getting the job done convincingly, which meant that our defenders played 120 minutes in that 'rested lineup' this evening and b) persisting with fucking donkeys like McGinty who simply are not and never have been good enough to organise a defence round.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They seem happy to give us all the corners we want, knowing we're not going to do anything with them.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived