Match Preview/Thread - East Fife vs Morton (Scottish Cup 3rd April) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - East Fife vs Morton (Scottish Cup 3rd April)

Admin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver missing a free header from just outside the 6 yard box and Muirhead clubs his first touch out of play.

I'm not sure why we hardly score any goals tbh.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

East Fife must be gutted, but to be fair, how many times have we been similarly robbed?

So fuck them and move on.

Indeed. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

6 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

East Fife must be gutted, but to be fair, how many times have we been similarly robbed?

So fuck them and move on.

Not many in recent memory, when we've lost we've been utter shite and deserved it. 

This might be a bit harsh after a win, but the nature of that result raises more doubts than grounds for optimism. The weaknesses going forward have been obvious all season long but if that's how we'd approach a cup tie next season as well then it's probably a thanks but no thanks on McPherson's audition from me. It's very reminiscent of Duffy getting us turfed out of most cups at first modest hurdle placed before them.

I'll be interested to see the manager's public assessment of the game because that is not encouraging despite getting the right result in the end. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

44 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Not many in recent memory, when we've lost we've been utter shite and deserved it. 

This might be a bit harsh after a win, but the nature of that result raises more doubts than grounds for optimism. The weaknesses going forward have been obvious all season long but if that's how we'd approach a cup tie next season as well then it's probably a thanks but no thanks on McPherson's audition from me. It's very reminiscent of Duffy getting us turfed out of most cups at first modest hurdle placed before them.

I'll be interested to see the manager's public assessment of the game because that is not encouraging despite getting the right result in the end. 

Agreed. I do hope Gus avoids the temptation to say that was anything other than a shambles. 

We have a number of games coming up that will effectively be cup ties, and selections, formations and performances like today will be totally unacceptable.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

I'm assuming Gus was thinking more about Tues night when he was picking his team. I've no issue with him starting blues,Orsi etc to hopefully nick it and if that doesn't go to plan, bring on your better attacking players to win it which ultimately happened.

I'm not going to judge how Gus played it today, even though it was brutal, when he probably feels Tues is more important and it's not his squad.

It was pish but fully expect McGinn,Colville, Nesbitt and Oliver to be in from the start on Tues and a very different performance to today.

22 minutes ago, Madton said:

I'm assuming Gus was thinking more about Tues night when he was picking his team. I've no issue with him starting blues,Orsi etc to hopefully nick it and if that doesn't go to plan, bring on your better attacking players to win it which ultimately happened.

I'm not going to judge how Gus played it today, even though it was brutal, when he probably feels Tues is more important and it's not his squad.

It was pish but fully expect McGinn,Colville, Nesbitt and Oliver to be in from the start on Tues and a very different performance to today.

Fair opinion but we'll see about that bold claim. There'll be better players involved but we didn't pull up any trees last Saturday either.  

I fail to see how a professional, full-time football team cannot play one poxy midweek game without having to compromise the previous Saturday's fixture. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The only positive in that was managing to get through, but that's about it. I'm wary of being too critical of Gus on the back of it, but it wasn't even close to an acceptable way to approach a winnable tie and unless there's drastic improvements in the remaining games then there's no chance he should be kept on after that. 

Same goes for the entire squad. Fair enough the ones under contract but I'd be happy to see the back of the rest. They're not a "good, honest" bunch, they're spineless wasters and we'll be well rid of the lot of them. Even at a club that excels in being apologists for failures, there's been an awful lot of excuses made for utterly lacklustre, half-hearted performances across the board over the last season and a bit; enough's enough. 

AWMSC

Speaking of excuses being made for people, a special mention for Anton McElhone.

When he was proving he has little clue what goes on on the pitch with his bizarre selections and substitutions, we heard that "well, he's actually a fitness coach." He's obviously shite at that as well, seeing as we were overran by a part-time side in the midst of hectic run of games. There's previous little that suggests this squad of ours are in any kind of exceptional shape, nor is there any real evidence of the "youthful energy" it possesses on the pitch, but at least we spent money on ice baths last summer.

AWMSC

Archived