Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (Championship 27th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Raith Rovers vs Morton (Championship 27th March)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested to see how MacPherson sets us up today. Now we have Jacobs fit again and away to a better team who've beaten us easily twice I reckon he'll go with both Jacobs and McGinn to give us a more solid midfield, but if he sticks with the two up front which got much better performances out of Oliver and Orsi v Queen of the South then that leaves only one place behind the front two to accommodate Colville, Lyon, Nesbitt and McGuffie.

While our centre forward options are all more suited to having someone else up with them, I wonder if he might drop one in favour of a Scotland style 3-5-1-1 - McGinn and Jacobs sitting, one of Colville/Lyon in front, one of Nesbitt/McGuffie behind Oliver. I'm assuming the 3-4-2-1 from Tuesday night was more about giving players game time and it didn't work as well.

It's both odd and a credit to the difference MacPherson has made in a couple of weeks to actually have a positive selection dilemma in midfield after watching Omar and Blues get a game there under Hopkin and McElhone.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Hearts 0-1 QoS, after 90 seconds.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

18 minutes ago, tom said:

What’s happened to Johnson?

Back injury according to the Record. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hearts 0-2 Qos

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

So we're set up not to be sloppy at the back. I approve of this. Lots of doubling up, fast closing down. I can think of worse things when playing away to the team in (joint) 2nd.

EOho8Pw.png

Eye Of The Tiger rings out through the deserted stands. An unmanned camera spins frantically, its sensors caught between the warm-up balls and the bald heads of hopeless substitutes. In a cinderblock dressing room, a young Londoner wonders if he can hop the train. A seagull hefts itself off a cantilever and heads east to the North Sea, where it chooses to die.

45 minutes to go, lads.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived