Morton Cited For Alleged SFA Rule Breach - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Cited For Alleged SFA Rule Breach

TheGoon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Well, that was a bit daft. 4536F5A7-FFD4-476C-A9A4-CA5AC5F2AAF4.jpeg

We also played them on the 28th February. Judging by the footage from both games, it was the youths that played it.

Who are this mob? They claim to be exempt from the Covid stay at home order under the 'Professional sport' bracket because most of their staff and players are full time.

Not sure how that worked when the game was also played during the period that all football under Championship level was shut down. Seen a few lower league losers complaining about it on Twitter and grassing on us. 

• BishopBrennan changed the title to Morton Cited For Alleged SFA Rule Breach
11 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Who/what is Evro Football Pro?  It sounds like a crap ZX Spectrum era computer game where every teams players are named after the guys who programmed it.

Throw the fucking book at us.

DundeesEuropeanChallenge.scr&border=0

EOho8Pw.png

'Dundee's Administration Challenge' would surely be a more realistic game, in which you try and cook the books while still chucking stupid contracts at washed-up losers. 

Who can beat the Marrs' all-time high score of £20 million? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s Keith Jackson, but this is a minter regardless 

There are so many strange things about this, but the thing that really gets me is - who was there actually at the club to arrange something like this? It's not as if we even have a CEO or had proper manager at the time. I imagine we're stretched enough trying to cover what we have to do, who's organising pointless friendless for fringe/youth players against nobodies? 

9 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

There are so many strange things about this, but the thing that really gets me is - who was there actually at the club to arrange something like this? It's not as if we even have a CEO or had proper manager at the time. I imagine we're stretched enough trying to cover what we have to do, who's organising pointless friendless for fringe/youth players against nobodies? 

"The Greenock club are almost certain to have the book thrown at them for failing to ask for the SFA’s permission to play in the game which was arranged by an agency in a bid to showcase its stable of freelance players."

Freelance players is my new favorite euphemism for regens. In fact I've now decided that I too am a freelance player. 

Anyway, presumably Honest Toni's Footballers and Glue Supplies, Ltd. (Cayman Islands) phoned the club, promised them a wee kickabout and maybe first option on a superstar plucked from the Malagasy 8th Division South, and because Morton doesn't operate as a professional club nobody bothered to ask if it was a good idea. Just file this as magic beans vol. 483,238,182,523.

Incidentally, Keith deployed the following verbs in this article:

• hammered
  • hauled
  • (book) thrown
  • walloped

EOho8Pw.png

49 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s Keith Jackson, but this is a minter regardless 

Laughable article and old news. We  haven't been charged with a Covid breach, unattributed farcical quotes (probably from the mouthbreather who was tagging the SFA when the footage of the match was originally posted) and making it sound like they flew in these players just for the game (they are all full time based at the opposition academy allegedly) and no mention that it was the youths not the first team 

19 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Whoever runs the youth academy. Like that would have had anything to do with a CEO or first team manager even if we had them.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Laughable article and old news. We  haven't been charged with a Covid breach, unattributed farcical quotes (probably from the mouthbreather who was tagging the SFA when the footage of the match was originally posted) and making it sound like they flew in these players just for the game (they are all full time based at the opposition academy allegedly) and no mention that it was the youths not the first team 

Aye but we clicked it, didn't we? Joke's on us. (I mean not on me personally, I have ten adblockers running, but on us in the abstract.)

I do like the "believed to have taken place on the south side of Glasgow in March" as if we're talking about some kind of gangland killing and not a publicized game of football.

EOho8Pw.png

9 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Incidentally, Keith deployed the following verbs in this article:

• hammered
  • hauled
  • (book) thrown
  • walloped

Absolute butchery. Amazed people still buy papers with this quality of writing.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived