Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March)

Admin

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Delighted for Hynes today. Bit of a baptism of fire even as just a wing back but he did very well. Hopefully he can nail that position down. 

Aye, perhaps harsh because none of us have seen him play in two and half years but when a player has made it to 22 without breaking through or even having a loan spell at a meaningful level you naturally assume he's never going to make it. Being thrown into the team in a massive game having not kicked a ball all season and getting man of the match is extremely impressive.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing out on signing Oliver and then wheeling his giant rolodex to 'swoop' for Ramsbottom in a totally different position is peak Jim Duffy btw. The Famous' squads make up about 90% of his transfer targets; between him and King Snake, we've got a couple of confirmed stalkers on our hands. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hynes comes across well, too. 

It's interesting that McPherson has seen something in him from reserve appearances, scouting and so on. Goes to show what perseverance gets you. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, EanieMeany said:

Great interview with Gus up. In less than a fortnight he's done more to impress than the last 3 wasters ever did - obviously it's still early doors, but I'm quite confident he's going to do the business. 

Stuck that on there and, after mentioning McLean, his interview came on. Speaks very well too. 

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Hynes comes across well, too. 

It's interesting that McPherson has seen something in him from reserve appearances, scouting and so on. Goes to show what perseverance gets you. 

Aye, takes a lot of character to come in and play well after not getting a sniff for so long. A lot of young players heads would have been down and they'd have just seen out the season before heading to the Juniors. He's obviously kept working hard until he got his chance. 

Gus speaks very well and going by yesterday's performance clearly knows what he's doing. Interesting to hear him say that the decision to take fjortoft off was taken out of his hands. I'm not sure if that was maybe a wee dig? Excellent management regardless. Also interesting to hear him speak about Oliver almost leaving and how he had previous knowledge of Hynes. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 3/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, port-ton said:

Had to check twitter as I thought livescore had made a mistake with Hynes as they had mcalister instead of mcginn last week. Didn't even know he was still with us. 

Our two recent signings have been the most pointless ever. To be an attacking player who can't get in this side is hard to do. 

But they’re nothing to do with our new manager, who’s only signing is McGinn.

27 minutes ago, standman said:

Were you not watching Morton’s steam ?

I haven't bought a Morton stream since last year and I won't be doing so until the Raes are gone. Nor indeed will I be buying my customary home top, or other assorted tat.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived