Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March)

Admin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely massive result after the damp squib of last week. Showed some character to come back from that sickener on the stroke of half time.

We're far from out of the woods but there were very encouraging signs today.

I reckon we have just enough about us to stay up without the playoffs.

EOho8Pw.png

Good result and well done to Gus and the team. 3 pts is vital at this stage and we looked comfortable seeing the game out for a change.

Good goal to seal it from the cross and Oliver finish - happy days.

Thank fuck for that!

No other results going how we wanted, but still gained on Arbroath and Ayr while bringing Queen of the South back in reach. Good day, our best performance in a long time and something to build on. Said before kick-off that it was a gigantic gamble and it paid off.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Saint Mirren's big top six charge also ending well today, you hate to see it happen.

image.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

23 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

aww poor St.Mirren dont make the top 6 .Get it up ye Tony

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

Exploitable versions - perhaps a kind admin can add this to the forum's emoji list.

image.png

image.png

EOho8Pw.png

19 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Really need the Pars to un-shit the bed here.

Inverness have been irrelevant in just about every way all along, other than a decent opportunity to get points. The bottom two are the only ones we need to be concerned about: though the squad will be delighted that we're closer than ever to 2nd place. 

Surprising lineup today but good to hear that we played quite well and didn't let the setback of a goal before half-time - not to mention the fact that he shouldn't have been eligible to play in the first place - phase the team. Very important three points, which means that we can afford to scrap in our next few without being under serious pressure. We might well get four or five points from our next four games, which should put us in a competitive position. Even if we get fewer, we're unlikely to be cut adrift and 10th is looking very unlikely now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A very good afternoon's work all-round. McPherson's team selection raised a few eyebrows on paper but from the off the team looked a lot more aware of their roles and in turn a lot more confident, and we got a performance that reflected that. 

Was impressed by Gus' decisiveness in hooking Fjortoft, and also that he (according to McDade & Ritchie) was constantly telling the players to keep the ball on the deck and to hold possession especially when we've been so used to aimless hoofs at every opportunity. Plenty of good individual performances too, hopefully the result acts as a springboard to put a few good results together. 

AWMSC

Has to be said, the Andy and Gerry double act greatly adds to the whole match experience. Very entertaining. Two actual 'LOL' moments from today's game...

Andy: 'who was the last guy to score direct from a corner kick at Cappielow?' 

Gerry: 'a big heavy bloke who didn't track back'

and

Gerry: 'are you and me the same age?'

Andy: 'naw, you were my janny'

Haha, well played gentlemen, keep it up!

Also Andy is brutally honest in his assessment of how we're playing, which is very refreshing. We have I believe by far the best live stream in the league, which considering we're Morton, is absolutely astonishing. Credit where it's due though.

Archived