Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 20th March)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kalvin Orsi has scored against Queens three times already this season.  Should at least have him on the bench for this one.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Must not lose

Dont agree. Its a must win if we are to have any hope of not finishing 9th.

Mcadams

Ledger, mclean, fjortoft, strapp 

Mcginn, Jacobs 

Colville, lyon, mcguffie 

Sterling

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

8 hours ago, Admin said:

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company and The Inverclyde Bathroom Company. We are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

BetBuildermorton.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with McBookie and their new BetBuilder feature. Keep your eyes across our socials for our recommended BetBuilder bet! 

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts. They are currently offering a 20% discount to all return customers when you tag their Twitter account (@TheDunnottarRFS) in a photo of yourself wearing anything from the Dunnottar range. You can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot.

Hopefully no one has bought Dunnottar tops. I've only just got a refund after waiting over a year to get one that never showed up. 

11 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Mcadams

Mcginn, Jacobs 

Colville, lyon, mcguffie 

Sterling

Would be nice to have gotten an update on Jacobs' fitness ahead of today. The above does look decent to me, but we are in danger of just playing the same sort of team and system and expecting different results. 

51 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Would be nice to have gotten an update on Jacobs' fitness ahead of today. The above does look decent to me, but we are in danger of just playing the same sort of team and system and expecting different results. 

Yeah true. I was thinking pushing Lyon up a bit further would give us more urgency. Nesbitt needs a rest. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

13 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Mcadams

Mcginn, Jacobs 

Colville, lyon, mcguffie 

Sterling

I don't think it's a must win in that regard. That's impossible to know, really. It all depends on Arbroath's results, and I'm hopeful that they won't be that great. Ideally we go into the penultimate match of the season above them, and avoid that being a must win match, a point today will hopefully take us another point away from them. 

Three points would be very helpful, though, and I think we need to play another forward of we want the best chance of doing that. I can see the desire there to fit all the best midfield players in, but on a bumpy pitch with defenders who already like a long ball, I think we need more immediate support for Stirling to give us our best chance.  

I'm not seeing a better chance of getting three points before the penultimate game, so if we're not getting a win today then we'll be fortunate to not be in 9th by that point. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not being able to control anyone else's results, we should just be looking at how we reach points total that is likely to make us safe. Realistically, if we want to avoid needing a result at Arbroath on the last day then we have to be looking for nine points from our three home games other than Hearts.

It's not guaranteed relegation if we don't, but we're already favourites for 9th and dropping more points today would leave us absolutely no margin for error. Everyone around us has been winning games while we've managed 1 in 12. If it's another without a win today then we've got a run of Raith away, ICT at home, Dundee away and Hearts at home before those final two.

Realistically the only one of those we're winning is ICT, and dropping points today would mean we'd likely be going into that game on the back of 1 win in 14, then possibly needing to turn that form into three wins in five games. This team would crack under that pressure.

Wins today and v ICT could have us going into those last two games in a decent position, but if we don't win today then the pressure is going to be massively on.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

12 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I'm not seeing a better chance of getting three points before the penultimate game, so if we're not getting a win today then we'll be fortunate to not be in 9th by that point. 

Other than perhaps Inverness at home, I’m inclined to agree. For all we’re not at the must win stage yet, a fixture like this sticks out like a sore thumb when you’re looking at potential sources of points.

We won’t have many better opportunities and really have to be looking at a win today as the minimum requirement before we’re looking for snookers.

54 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The ICT game is on a similar level. Four points in those two games wouldn't be a disaster, realistically that would be a decent return considering our troubles at home this year. So obviously not winning today builds the pressure, and we really wouldn't want that pressure to build even more going into the last two games (either of those games being actually must-win wouldn't be good at all). 

I wouldn't want to downplay the importance of winning today. That should be the aim, and the team should be picked accordingly. 

Well, it's certainly a bold move. Dropping two of the few players who've actually been playing well in McGuffie & Lyon along with a competent defensive performer in Ledger while players who haven't performed keep their places,flinging Hynes in from nowhere and changing system to the back five we tried a fair bit earlier in the season and failed to a win a game with.

It's a hell of a gamble to take and we can't afford it not working immediately.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Had to check twitter as I thought livescore had made a mistake with Hynes as they had mcalister instead of mcginn last week. Didn't even know he was still with us. 

Our two recent signings have been the most pointless ever. To be an attacking player who can't get in this side is hard to do. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived