Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 13th March) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (Championship 13th March)

Admin

A draw wouldn't have done much anyway. We need to get back to winning home games against dross - starting with Queen of the South next week now that their stupid wee bubble is burst. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor result. Poor performance. Sums up most of the season to date. 

Today we gave an average Dunfermline team far too much respect, sitting off them and paying the price for a defensive lapse. In return we created little and never looked like scoring. So disappointing after the win against Inverness. It just confirms though that whatever league we are in next season most of these players will not be missed.  Hopefully, DH will take some of the bigger duds off our hands 

14 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Pitiful. Thought we actually looked ok til they scored. Had a text written out to my mate and saying as much and held of sending; low and behold they score. 

Second half was abysmal though - we lack any creative threat

Quite surprised you were able to actually see the game through those tears in your eyes. 

I seriously don’t even know what to make of Fjortoft at this point. Think being out the team for a while probably raised mine and other’s opinions of him, there really isn’t that much between him, McGinty & McLean. I don’t feel any better or worse with whatever selection of them we go with, it’s much of a muchness. 

I thought McGinn was absolutely fine today despite lacking in game time, interesting to see how he works with Jacobs (assuming Gus actually fancies them together that is) 

Up front is just the same old. Sterling offers more than Orsi, which isn’t particularly difficult, but there’s very little for opposition teams to worry about after our initial press, as seen today. When we’re giving away soft as shit goals, that becomes even more of an issue. 

I’m not too downbeat. We were okay today, and on a good day I know they are capable of getting a result against anyone in the league. Just need to hope next Saturday is one of those days, absolutely massive game. 

1 hour ago, Chesh said:

McGinty needs taken out the team.  Not been good enough for months.

Distribution was poor again but thought the goal was Fjortoft's fault for switching off and letting the forward get in behind him. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Oh well. Let us never speak of McGinty at left back ever again. 

Better.  His attempt at a first touch outside their box just before the end summed him up, absolutely pathetic. Shouldn't be anywhere near the team and certainly shouldn't be wearing the captain's armband. If he's what passes as a leader then it's no wonder we're in such a sorry mess.

AWMSC

22 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Distribution was poor again but thought the goal was Fjortoft's fault for switching off and letting the forward get in behind him. 

Yeah, really poor from Fjortoft, although he's get an awfully long way to go catch up with how many goals McGinty has given away through individual errors. I'd still be dropping McGinty when Strapp comes back in rather than moving him inside.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Up front is just the same old. Sterling offers more than Orsi, which isn’t particularly difficult, but there’s very little for opposition teams to worry about after our initial press, as seen today. When we’re giving away soft as shit goals, that becomes even more of an issue. 

I'm presuming that McPherson has a striker lined up, as no sentient being could accept this bin fire of a post in the first place and reckon - after already watching us four times this season - that the central midfield needs upgrading but the forward line can be worked with. That's been the screamingly obvious failing ever since July; most League One teams wouldn't touch our attackers with a bargepole. 

That doesn't mean that a signing will solve the problem but I'd be surprised if we run with our current centre forwards between now and the end of the season. Get Lee Erwin or some other out of favour top flight player in to rip up this dogshit league until the summer. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

39 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I'm presuming that McPherson has a striker lined up, as no sentient being could accept this bin fire of a post in the first place and reckon - after already watching us four times this season - that the central midfield needs upgrading but the forward line can be worked with. That's been the screamingly obvious failing ever since July; most League One teams wouldn't touch our attackers with a bargepole. 

That doesn't mean that a signing will solve the problem but I'd be surprised if we run with our current centre forwards between now and the end of the season. Get Lee Erwin or some other out of favour top flight player in to rip up this dogshit league until the summer. 

Had a look through the Premiership squad lists and it’s slim, slim pickings for out of favour players we could pick up (that aren’t youth jobbers)

Anthony Stokes is still without a club though...

8 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Yeah, really poor from Fjortoft, although he's get an awfully long way to go catch up with how many goals McGinty has given away through individual errors. I'd still be dropping McGinty when Strapp comes back in rather than moving him inside.

If you actually see where the goal started....McGinn was trying to put the deckchairs out(a goal we'd never have conceded if Jacob's was that player) and got caught dwelling on the ball, was robbed of it in a bad area and within a few passes of him loosing it we lost the Goal. McGinn will make us more solid but needs a few weeks to be totally away from stupid errors like that!!!! I'm amazed nobody picked up on it and that...and that there hasn't been much comment on his signing on here.... whether good bad or indifferent????

Goal had little to do with McGinty!! (Not saying I wouldn't play Strapp..I  would tbh)The cross came from our right. McLean fucked up and got sucked to the ball (when he should've stayed as there.. really was no need as there was plenty of cover on the edge of the box) which led to Marcus having no cover with him as you cant go ball hunting as a centre back aimlessly like that....shape shape shape. If you dont keep your shape you'll get punished just as we did!!!!

Watch the replay....its all there!!!

18 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Didn't see him,but commentary team mentioned that he was still part of our coaching staff.

Which is the party line but doesn't really mean anything.

Conspicuous by his absence from all the dugout photos taken by Tontastic.

Wonder if he was at Ayr - had that before with that Henderson snake following McKinnon to Falkirk when he hadn't officially left us yet.

Noticed that Butler charlatan was there on the bench while not actually being on the bench.

Really hope we can go out and get a striker. 23 players listed on the BBC's Championship top scorer list and only one club from the 10 doesn't even get near it.

Oh to still even have a Bob McHugh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

9 hours ago, Nornirontons said:

If you actually see where the goal started....[b]McGinn was trying to put the deckchairs out[/B](a goal we'd never have conceded if Jacob's was that player) and got caught dwelling on the ball, was robbed of it in a bad area and within a few passes of him loosing it we lost the Goal. McGinn will make us more solid but needs a few weeks to be totally away from stupid errors like that!!!! I'm amazed nobody picked up on it and that...and that there hasn't been much comment on his signing on here.... whether good bad or indifferent????

Goal had little to do with McGinty!! (Not saying I wouldn't play Strapp..I  would tbh)The cross came from our right. McLean fucked up and got sucked to the ball (when he should've stayed as there.. really was no need as there was plenty of cover on the edge of the box) which led to Marcus having no cover with him as you cant go ball hunting as a centre back aimlessly like that....shape shape shape. If you dont keep your shape you'll get punished just as we did!!!!

Watch the replay....its all there!!!

No he wasn't you absolute dribbling imbecile.  There wasn't any deckchairs present.  Now run along, your Spaghetti Hoops are getting cold.

Almost forgot, have a red dot for your troubles.  :P

*insert signature here*

On 3/14/2021 at 12:08 PM, capitanus said:

No he wasn't you absolute dribbling imbecile.  There wasn't any deckchairs present.  Now run along, your Spaghetti Hoops are getting cold.

Almost forgot, have a red dot for your troubles.  :P

Ironic word diarrhea!!!...away back to the playground!!!🤪 Whilst I'm loving the attention from you and a loving other your anus is clearly getting much more!!!

Archived