Gus MacPherson new gaffer - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Gus MacPherson new gaffer

Doddie

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Don't see Anton in any of these photos. Funny that.

Hopkin also saying his assistant is currently working for another club but they hope to have that tied up by the weekend or early next week.

Cant see any initials on their training gear either

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, capitanus said:

I'm reading this thinking it's pure defecation.  In fact you couldn't make any less sense even if you got a ball of shite and just rubbed it over your computer.

It's not my fault that you're stupid. But I defend your right to be stupid. If that helps?

He said he's seen us four times or so in a scouting role (who for, I wonder?) And last saw us against Ayr, said the team was bad, said the team agreed, but the bounceback against ICT made up for it. (I'd agree with that.)

He was pleased with the Inverness performance and the togetherness of the squad.

Certainly he's making all the right noises so far.

EOho8Pw.png

17 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Funny thing that folk are actually sharing differing opinions on a public forum eh? 

Though one thing we all seem to almost universally agree on is what our first eleven should be. That’s a first if my memory serves me. There may be a case for some unity if our new management duo agree. Even better if Ayr’s new duo want to take some of their “first picks” from us and we don’t stand in their way, though we need to wait till close season for that.

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

We could bus down a few on loan immediately.

Loan window's closed for Championship clubs unfortunately, it was only extended for L1 & 2 due to their suspension.

We won't be seeing Orsi or Blues in Ayr top until July at least.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

32 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Loan window's closed for Championship clubs unfortunately, it was only extended for L1 & 2 due to their suspension.

We won't be seeing Orsi or Blues in Ayr top until July at least.

Are you sure that's accurate? Every report I have seen included the Championship in the extended loan window?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-right-back-transfer-boost-19940491

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-lower-leagues-given-hope-of-a-return-with-extension-of-transfer-window-3150562

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure where I'd got that from but I guess the McGinn news confirms you're right!

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

16 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Not sure where I'd got that from but I guess the McGinn news confirms you're right!

What you said was true in previous years but not this time around, that the Premiership and Championship shared a transfer and loan window, and L1 and L2 shared a less rigid one.

EOho8Pw.png

16 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

What you said was true in previous years but not this time around, that the Premiership and Championship shared a transfer and loan window, and L1 and L2 shared a less rigid one.

They changed to include the Championship in the October and February extensions.

Easy to assume the additional March extension, which is clearly designed to help L1 and L2 restart, was just for them.

Happy it's not if it helps us.

18 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Gus on Radio Scotland, looking to be considered for the job if things work out.

If he does well, and its a big if, then an experienced coach keeping us steady in the Championship, whilst a new era of ownership spends time fixing the omnishambles off the park, is probably quite sensible. If he keeps us in the league and performances improve then I'd be happy enough. He obviously has decent contacts and a point to prove. 

There will be a lot of turbulence this coming year in my opinion, would be good to limit the impact on the team as much as possible.

Archived